Delisted Free-Agents Target List

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Don't know a lot about him but he seems a good player. Should be on a list next year it seems.
There are others I'd take over him though

And can Sign Him instead of Drafting Him

He's coming from a very low base and I can't recall a time where I walked away from a game thinking he'd won the duel with his direct opponent (s) during the match.

Looks distinctly undersized and doesn't have much of a leap, or good enough timing to use what leap he does have, to overcome the height disadvantage he is usually faced with, which is a surprise considering you'd think he has some hops coming from a basketball background.

Still he has another year to move himself and anything could happen I guess.
We're pretty harsh on him. Only 2 years back in the game.

Having said that, i think we're barking up the wrong tree by looking for talls as Cat B. Its all about reading the ball flight and im pretty confident that that comes from years of kicking tbe footy.

Having said that, i think we're barking up the wrong tree by looking for talls as Cat B. Its all about reading the ball flight and im pretty confident that that comes from years of kicking tbe footy.

I agree we are harsh on Magden - if only he were an inch or two taller.

Regarding Cat B rookies - Keane is looking very promising, well ahead of where we thought he'd be from some reports.

Tohill has some real agility and plenty of tricks, although we haven't seen as much from him in terms of consistent footy yet.

Then there's the wunderkind - Wilson is also showing some good signs. If at least two out of the three kick on then it's a very good result for us. If all three of them do so then it's a very exciting time for the club over the next 5-6 years.

Last edited:

I agree we are harsh on Magden - if only he were an inch or two taller.

Regarding Cat B rookies - Keane is looking very promising, well ahead of where we thought he'd be from some reports.

Tohill has some real agility and plenty of tricks, although we haven't seen as much from him in terms of consistent footy yet.

Then there's the wunderkind - Wilson is also showing some good signs. If at least two out of the three kick on then it's a very good result for us. If all three of them do so then it's a very exciting time for the club over the next 5-6 years.
I just think that if you look at the crossover players, there's been some very good footballers, but i cant think of one that I'd describe as being a good mark.

Hopefully, our current batch can buck the trend, but I'm not confident.

I think Madgen has been promising. As a 3rd key he looks good but I'm just scared of him having to play on big tall defenders. His games against Essendon and Adelaide at the end of the year were good

I thought he not Available to be on a List Next Year?

I think he can be on a list (St.Kilda have paid out his 2020 contract and he will be de-listed) but he would need to nominate for the draft which goes against all the discussion around him agreeing with the saints to get away from afl.

It would be bizarre if he nominated and even more bizarre to pick him up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's coming from a very low base and I can't recall a time where I walked away from a game thinking he'd won the duel with his direct opponent (s) during the match.

Looks distinctly undersized and doesn't have much of a leap, or good enough timing to use what leap he does have, to overcome the height disadvantage he is usually faced with, which is a surprise considering you'd think he has some hops coming from a basketball background.

Still he has another year to move himself and anything could happen I guess.

I think that's the salient point, he hasn't been playing footy that long. I'd like to see him retained and trialed in more creative roles, even a shift to 3rd tall instead of KPD. The emergence of Keane and the recruitment of Kelly (if he's to be used in defense in 2020) allows that. As a Cat B, he costs nothing to retain.

Any love for Harrison Wigg? He looked ok there for a while I think in his second year at Adelaide and has had bad luck with a bad ankle and then an ACL in the pre-season the past couple of years.

Has a nice left foot on him from what I remember - could be a lite version of Lloyd / Laird off half back?

Club has a history of forgive and forget.
He has done something that they don’t like.
So good luck to him elsewhere.

Done nothing more then what other blokes at football clubs have done, Thomas and Keefe were in the same boat they got a second chance.

Disappointed the club is just throwing him away especially after what we paid.

Riccardi come
The simple rule is, by taking an “exposed form“ AFL player, will they be a best 22?

If yes, go for it.

If no, then it’s a pass.

That simple.

(caveat is if it’s a necessary depth for specialty position, like a spare ruck.)
How does Collingwood get Tom Boyd on our list? Is it possible? A player who would make our forward set up close to,if nor elite!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch him on open mike a few weeks back? He will never play AFL again.
Never say never.Even if he was on a good wage I don't think he would be resented by the Collingwood players,like the doggies players did because of his big salary.

Never say never.Even if he was on a good wage I don't think he would be resented by the Collingwood players,like the doggies players did because of his big salary.
His words not mine. I thought he made it pretty clear in the interview it wouldn’t happen. Good interview btw, worth the watch. Mental health issues are tough.

How does Collingwood get Tom Boyd on our list? Is it possible? A player who would make our forward set up close to,if nor elite!
He just doesn’t like AFL Football (the system, the pressure, the demands, the scrutiny).
Happy to play at a lower level.
Will never play at AFL level again.
Not motivated by money, although is looking to establish himself as a public speaker.
He nearly quit after first season, refused to sign an extension (offered to him during 1st year).
Has his head screwed on right.
Smart young man, who speaks very well.

I don’t think he can play back on a player.
His opponent always gets away from him.
He does seem confident going for his marks. Maybe he needs to be tried somewhere else to see how he does.

He could have a go forward or play him on a wing in the VFL and see how he goes.

Ladies and Gents I have one to add to the thread. Mitch Brown from Essendon has been delisted.

Far from love it, but he’s probably the most consistent KPP on the market. 196cm and mobile, who I always thought was better down back.

Could he play a utility type role for us rolling between either end of the ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back