Delisted Free-Agents Target List

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be an "out of the box" pick. Would be hit and miss but if he turned out like Roughie it would be a win.

I think throughout the course of his career, Walker has proven a valuable backup at both Geelong and Brisbane. He has played the occasional game where he has looked like a superstar, but they are few and far between. Typically, he is good for a cameo here or there, or as depth backup.

I would say Roughead is much better player, and I don't think we'd get the same level of output from Walker as him.

I'd be looking to Walker for pure depth. I'm not keen on bringing players in just to be depth...but when the cabinet is empty for KPPs then I think we really need someone. Walker would at least be a really solid call-up when the inevitable happens that both Reid and Darcy Moore are injured.

I don't think he did much wrong for Brisbane, and was a really solid contributor in their NEAFL premiership. He is just behind the likes of Hipwood, McStay, McInerney, Harris Andrews and Darcy Gardiner. Plus the Lions have a stockpile of your KPPs just waiting for opportunity.

Walker is a spud and same goes for Kerr. I don't like what I saw from Kerr and I think Carlton made the right call on him.

Buzza and Bennell are the only ones of interest.

Would love Bennell now that he has turned his life around and started a family. We bloody persisted with players like Gault and Crocker for way too many years than we needed to, yet we don't want to take a punt on Bennell smh.

Walker is a spud and same goes for Kerr. I don't like what I saw from Kerr and I think Carlton made the right call on him.

Buzza and Bennell are the only ones of interest.

Would love Bennell now that he has turned his life around and started a family. We bloody persisted with players like Gault and Crocker for way too many years than we needed to, yet we don't want to take a punt on Bennell smh.

This is what the Carlton development coach thought of Kerr after the 2s game V Collingwood:

This is what the Carlton development coach thought of Kerr after the 2s game V Collingwood:

Well, at least he sounds impressive. A great sell by the development coach. Petty the rest of the club didn't agree. Maybe worth a risk. But I must admit Down The Wing has a point with Bennell. We do not have a player like him on our list and nor are we likely to get the chance to draft one this year. I am tempted to take the chance. Imagine if it workd out. WOWEE!!

Would not mind looking at Callum Moore and Mendue who got De-listed by Tigers

Out of the 3 Dave I’d only look at the 1 delisted Tiger that you didn’t mention; Jacob Townsend. The others aren’t much chop.

What’s the knock on Townsend? Premiership player who hit the scoreboard during their 2017 flag run. Was he injured this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out of the 3 Dave I’d only look at the 1 delisted Tiger that you didn’t mention; Jacob Townsend. The others aren’t much chop.

What’s the knock on Townsend? Premiership player who hit the scoreboard during their 2017 flag run. Was he injured this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just got pushed out the team IMO. Has been finished at richmond for 12 months. Was delisted last year, and when there was no suitors, they re-rookied him.

I thought Menadue looked good in his first year. Has a bit of speed to him. Not sure where he would play, but I think he may be one to throw a bone at.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays, Walker, Buzza and Kerr all appeal.

Probably worth taking 2 of them, which says more about us having wasted spots on our list than them being genuinely good (Crocker, Broomhead, Reid, Madgen all do not deserve a spot on the list)

Would love Bennell now that he has turned his life aroundand started a family. We bloody persisted with players like Gault and Crocker for way too many years than we needed to, yet we don't want to take a punt on Bennell smh.

Where's the talk of him turning his life around from?
You bring up Gault, who we can all agree wasnt up to AFL standards - but he has been a much better player than Bennell at WAFL level.
Bennell is 27 and done nothing for 4 years - fair enough if the club wants to do their due diligence and look deeply at all possible recruits - but I think the evidence is pretty clear on what Bennell can actually offer at this point.
Guys like Andy Krakoeur and Marlion Pickett both performed well at WAFL level before getting back (Krak) or getting a shot (Pickett) at AFL level. If he was dominating for Peel on a consistent basis - then sure sign him up, but not only has Bennell not got those runs on the board - he always seems to be followed by controversy. If the Dockers cant wait to see the back of him - that should be a pretty decent indication.

Not many l am to fussed on, if not best 22 or that close, don’t want.
The club should not get anyone in because their tall.
We have some good likely players, Keane for example who a bit of luck will be able to hold down a key spot. Develop from within, than not pluck some random and hope for the best

Not many l am to fussed on, if not best 22 or that close, don’t want.
The club should not get anyone in because their tall.
We have some good likely players, Keane for example who a bit of luck will be able to hold down a key spot. Develop from within, than not pluck some random and hope for the best
Wells, Goldsack, Crocker, Dunn. Are we likely to delist anyone else off the senior list? Murray delisted rookie. Maybe Lynch. Noble added to one of the lists, i don't know if we get to choose which list.
Have I missed anyone?

That'd only leave 4 or 5, depending on Lynch, spots to fill. Not much space for these sort of blokes.

Where's the talk of him turning his life around from?
You bring up Gault, who we can all agree wasnt up to AFL standards - but he has been a much better player than Bennell at WAFL level.
Bennell is 27 and done nothing for 4 years - fair enough if the club wants to do their due diligence and look deeply at all possible recruits - but I think the evidence is pretty clear on what Bennell can actually offer at this point.
Guys like Andy Krakoeur and Marlion Pickett both performed well at WAFL level before getting back (Krak) or getting a shot (Pickett) at AFL level. If he was dominating for Peel on a consistent basis - then sure sign him up, but not only has Bennell not got those runs on the board - he always seems to be followed by controversy. If the Dockers cant wait to see the back of him - that should be a pretty decent indication.
The Dockers persisted wiuth him for 3 years, hardly wanted to see the back of him and he only played a handful of games in the WAFL so hard to compare him to Gault

Always thought Keays had some potential early but I don't think we need him to fill any need ATM. Get some young speculative kids in the draft or have a look at the State Leagues to fill some gaps.

A big no to Townsend. I think he is a very ordinary player that was made to look decent at AFL level in a strong Richmond team. Good VFL player but not much more. He played his best footy at AFL level as a mid-sized forward, but we are abundant in riches in that department.

Menadue has some interest, but I think he was delisted by Richmond to enable his move to Fremantle nice and easily. I think that deal is already done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back