List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents who are better than players currently on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOTE="GroggSquad, post: 58703450, member: 157313

The fashion in which Xavier Richards' career ended is truly bizarre. His last game was the 2016 Grand Final, then he wanted to leave Sydney and didn't get picked up by anyone. Surely there was a list spot for him somewhere if he was good enough for Grand Final selection at only 23 years old?
.[/QUOTE]
This still makes me laugh, as the swans had an offer on the table and his manager said he wanted to go back to Melb because The cost of living in Syd was too much. Moves to Melb. No offers come, the swans say f off you had the chance to sign, then he ends up coming back up to Syd to play for Syd Uni in the NEAFL.

This still makes me laugh, as the swans had an offer on the table and his manager said he wanted to go back to Melb because The cost of living in Syd was too much. Moves to Melb. No offers come, the swans say f off you had the chance to sign, then he ends up coming back up to Syd to play for Syd Uni in the NEAFL.

I would love to know the full story, there has to be more to it surely...

I
I would love to know the full story, there has to be more to it surely...
My thought is the Swans rookie him basically because big bro Ted is there and a champion of the club, they spend a few years developing him, he plays a handful of games and thinks he has made it and doesn’t pay the club any respect for what they did. The swans hierarchy basically say f him in return and the rest of the clubs take notice of his behaviour to up & leave the way he did and keep their distance almost on principal to make a example of him to other players (add in the fact that he wasn’t exactly that good, but who knows, like his brother he may got a whole lot better). He wasn’t a stand out in the NEAFL & that sums him up.

I was looking at the list of delisted free agents earlier and was amazed at some of the names clubs will essentially be able to pick up for free. The following eight players would be significant upgrades on the battlers/plodders/duds we still haven't moved on yet...

Michael Barlow > Townsend
Xavier Richards > Elton
Josh Green > Lambert
Cam O'Shea > Batchelor
Ricky Henderson > Grigg
Will Minson > Maric
Jack Grimes > Hunt
Matt Dea :rolleyes: > Morris

How many can we bring to the club?

This is worse than my suggestion to get hartung

Xavier Richards could play - theres got to be more to it. There are worse characters running around in football than someone who wanted to leave a club ffs.

His biggest mistake was going back to play in the neafl, in a mind ****ed head space. Shouldve played in the vfl closer to the bubble.

Was waiting for him to get tagged.
On this occasion it wasn't Tiger71
It was some person that doesn't post much who claimed to have got everything right so far due to his solid mail.
Think it may have been on the Yarran thread, but it's hard to sift through that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They may have been talking about when Barlow was under our nose before we overlooked him and he went on to become a ball magnet at Freo.

This thread just a reminder that thank * there are people employed at the club to build s list and not bigfooty fans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back