List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d give Bennell a chance. He couldn’t be worse than Garlett. Speaking of which, he got out of prison a few months back, worth another punt? :cool:

Not yet. Needs to find Jesus, get married and have two kids. Work a trade while playing local footy on weekends. Have some former player as an assistant coach of a WAFL club take a punt on him where he reinvents himself as a running machine wingman and after three years helps the team to a flag, then gets picked up by us as a 28 year old in a mid season draft in 2025 and goes on to win the Norm Smith Medal which he gives to Clarkson in his last game as coach to say thanks for taking a third chance on me.

Our KPP stocks are fine.

In round 22 we had McEvoy, Ceglar, Frawley as genuine talls, and Sicily, Timbo, Nash, Gunston as pseudo talls.

And we beat West coast by 6 goals in perth.

So if you add Lewis, Patton and Frost to that list we are totally fine for height and KP depth. Lots of flexibility there.

To this end - I'm not keen on getting a DFA key position player. Total waste.
Another ruck backup would be great. Have seen too many times where we've been heavily compromised in the ruck area.

In terms of midfield/running power we'll have Mitchell back. With the additional tall (Patton) we'll have more flexibility with how we use Wingard and Gunston.

We're flush with options.

We need class. Finding guys who are highly talented but have injury histories or other concerns is what we need.
Also - the Minchington experiment obviously failed so we'll look for a small forward
I will believe BB is KPD depth when I see it.
We've got 2 rucks and a few blokes who can pinch hit.
We've got 2 key forwards and 2 key backs
Beyond that we've got 3rd tall types in abundance and an untried kid or two.

Winning one game doesn't mean we don't have list depth issues

That list is missing kaiden brand.

And tbh honest as a back up suits our list weaknesses slightly better than the others.

Bennell could play but its been years since we've seen it.

Don't think we'll take any of them though but who saw the Mohr signing coming?
If the club was going to rookie Brand they would have announced it when they delisted him more likely than not.

Our KPP stocks are fine.

In round 22 we had McEvoy, Ceglar, Frawley as genuine talls, and Sicily, Timbo, Nash, Gunston as pseudo talls.

And we beat West coast by 6 goals in perth.

So if you add Lewis, Patton and Frost to that list we are totally fine for height and KP depth. Lots of flexibility there.

To this end - I'm not keen on getting a DFA key position player. Total waste.
Another ruck backup would be great. Have seen too many times where we've been heavily compromised in the ruck area.

In terms of midfield/running power we'll have Mitchell back. With the additional tall (Patton) we'll have more flexibility with how we use Wingard and Gunston.

We're flush with options.

We need class. Finding guys who are highly talented but have injury histories or other concerns is what we need.
Also - the Minchington experiment obviously failed so we'll look for a small forward
Agree with most of that, particularly that our KPP stocks are deeper than some others think. As we already have six small forwards on our list (Wingard, Breust, Puopolo, Walker, Moore, Hanrahan), which is more depth than any other position, I wouldn't think that area is a major concern.

The reason our small forwards struggled this year was in part due to the big forwards not being there to give them their opportunities until late in the year when Lewis and O'Brien stood up. It looks like they will show faith in Walker, Moore and Hanrahan next year. The resigning of Poppy probably signified their small forward intentions as they would have let him go if they thought there was something better out there amongst the delisted free agents.

We need a ruck and a few onballers, of which Maguiness will be one. I don't see much amongst the delisted players that would add to our list. If anything I would redraft Brand on the rookie list (if still available) as back up depth there.

Josh walker as a kpd could be a good pick up thought he wasn't bad when playing seniors , but I don't think our kpp stocks are as bad as some make out . O'briem will be our swingman and clarko definetly liked mcevoy back there end of season.
Yeah, nah.

Walker's best year was 2013 when he and Kirsten were dominating the VFL. Never really hit those heights again.

What's the go with Fletcher Roberts? Won a flag in 2016 then could barely get a game in the seniors the past few years.

Could be good KPD depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t have Reeves as the number one ruck in the VFL next year.

I must admit, the whole Pittonet thing intrigues me.
Whilst he was still raw, he was at least backup in case one of BB/Cegs goes down.

But we managed him out.

To me, that either means (a) he has upset someone.... or (b) we have another target in mind.

The (b) can only come from the draft or a DFA.

Slim picking for someone to replace Pitto. Lobbe is 30 and Longer has had missive injury problems.

Leslie is 198cm but I don't really know much about him, possibly slightly undersized to be a ruck.
I love Leslie cause he is full of aggression & isn't out of it when the ball hits the deck. I reckon he'd be a great ruck for Box Hill but think he is best suited at AFL level to a KPD

I must admit, the whole Pittonet thing intrigues me.
Whilst he was still raw, he was at least backup in case one of BB/Cegs goes down.

But we managed him out.

To me, that either means (a) he has upset someone.... or (b) we have another target in mind.

The (b) can only come from the draft or a DFA.

Pittonet was uncontracted and wouldn't sign with us, apparently Clarko was furious about losing him.

Jake Stein delisted by GWS today, apparently they intend to redraft as a rookie. He played games in the back half of the season for the Giants, seems a bit off they're delisting/re-rookieing him.

Back