List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be against picking up Sam Murray. We need some run off half back, and having Murray could potentially allow Impey to play forward pocket once he's back from his knee. People forget Murray was a member of the pies back 6 for the first half of 2018 and he's still only 22. The drugs factor doesn't bother me, you have to be deluded to think there aren't players on every list that get up to the same thing, Murray just had the misfortune of getting busted.

I wouldn't be against picking up Sam Murray. We need some run off half back, and having Murray could potentially allow Impey to play forward pocket once he's back from his knee. People forget Murray was a member of the pies back 6 for the first half of 2018 and he's still only 22. The drugs factor doesn't bother me, you have to be deluded to think there aren't players on every list that get up to the same thing, Murray just had the misfortune of getting busted.

Now there's a suggestion from left field. Intriguing thought that on face value has some merit.

Who's considered the best state league ruck in the country? We should nab him whoever he is as we need ruck depth and this lot of delisted rucks are rubbish.
Well, up until the mid season draft this year it was Michael Knoll. Went to Sydney. Never played a game IIRC.

I must admit, the whole Pittonet thing intrigues me.
Whilst he was still raw, he was at least backup in case one of BB/Cegs goes down.

But we managed him out.

To me, that either means (a) he has upset someone.... or (b) we have another target in mind.

The (b) can only come from the draft or a DFA.

Or (C) another club, Carlton in this case, rated him more than Hawthorn did and put a two year contract under his nose while Hawthorn offered him one year.

Well, up until the mid season draft this year it was Michael Knoll. Went to Sydney. Never played a game IIRC.

He was behind Cameron as their back up so no surprise there, bewildering pick really with their ruck depth. Is he available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeff has stated previously that they have a "no d**khead" policy. Therefore unlikely.

There probably are some on any list but once busted they get moved on, not brought in to infect the culture of a club.

Collingwood know he is talented and know what sort of an individual he is.....they showed him the door. Surely that should have alarm bells attached to it.

I've seen a club dabble in things and go in with an opinion of "Whatever It Takes". Not a path I'd want to journey down.

I'd rather take a punt on a kid than worry about safe injecting rooms.
Jeff's no dickhead policy is spin at best.

Clubs will put up with players that bring sucess gteayer than the trouble they cause.

Plus that term is pretty subjective

Well, if that's the path the club were to voluntarily go down then I will return my membership. I'd like to think they have some standards where they draw a line at drugs.
Yes nobody at Hawthorn would ever do anything untoward....
Pies have kept plenty of blokes that liked to party on their list. Dane Swan for example.
Dusty goes ok at the Tigers
We've had our share, plenty of party boys have flags

I have only been aware of Travis Tuck and Garlett at Hawthorn involved in drug issues, they were both shown the door.

There are plenty of untoward things that happen in football and they get dealt with by whatever law has been broken. But when it's drugs, which is linked to cheating, I would hope that it gets dealt with appropriately.

By 'party' do you mean play up and cause a public nuisance or drugs?
I mean no club including Hawthorn is made up of clean skins.
We've had players who liked illicit substances same as every other club.

We've had players who are dicks same as every other club.

We've won flags with some of those players. No club is perfect.

I have only been aware of Travis Tuck and Garlett at Hawthorn involved in drug issues, they were both shown the door.

There are plenty of untoward things that happen in football and they get dealt with by whatever law has been broken. But when it's drugs, which is linked to cheating, I would hope that it gets dealt with appropriately.

By 'party' do you mean play up and cause a public nuisance or drugs?
Doesn’t have to be issues with drugs, but usage is rife. I’d be staggered if less than 50% of afl footballers have done drugs. Our captain dj’s at revolver for god sake. All you have to do is go out in Melbourne on a Saturday night and you’ll see players from every team coked up. But in the end, that’s all of society, not just footballers

Doesn’t have to be issues with drugs, but usage is rife. I’d be staggered if less than 50% of afl footballers have done drugs. Our captain dj’s at revolver for god sake. All you have to do is go out in Melbourne on a Saturday night and you’ll see players from every team coked up. But in the end, that’s all of society, not just footballers
So that is one coked up society aye!😂

To put an end to the Murray talk, it isn't just consumption that should put a line through his name. The combination of 'supply' and having an IQ of 34 is enough to put him on the 'don't ever bother' list.
I won't go into any further further details. I know plenty of people who know him very well to back this up.
I'd prefer to never seen him get another chance at AFL level for being such an idiot. Myself and plenty others would have killed for the opportunity he got.

Back