List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On Hartley

Given on face value, we delisted Brand after we got Frost... Lloyd might be right for once.

My take, played a lot of games for a bloke I've never heard of. If your team is around the eight or in it and your playing, your definitely depth and as a delisted free agent on somewhere around minimum wage that is ok by me.

On Hartley

Given on face value, we delisted Brand after we got Frost... Lloyd might be right for once.

My take, played a lot of games for a bloke I've never heard of. If your team is around the eight or in it and your playing, your definitely depth and as a delisted free agent on somewhere around minimum wage that is ok by me.
Could also go the other way & we just kept Brand around in case we didn't land Frost.

I mentioned this in a different thread....maybe we're holding Hartley in case we don't get McAsey in the draft, in which case we'd sign him then.

On another note, I believe I read somewhere that we've delisted Minchington. I've tried to search any of our delistings but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if we've made our/any delisting?

Hartley turned his back on a contract did he not?

he’s not doing that unless he has a guarantee elsewhere.

I mentioned this in a different thread....maybe we're holding Hartley in case we don't get McAsey in the draft, in which case we'd sign him then.

On another note, I believe I read somewhere that we've delisted Minchington. I've tried to search any of our delistings but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if we've made our/any delisting?

from what i know these are our changes to the list

Roughead, Schoenmakers, Mohr* = Retired
Birchall - Brisbane
Pittonet - Carlton
Brand - delisted then signed to Sydney
Minchington, Miles, Mirra - delisted

and we've added

Frost - Melbourne
Patton - GWS
Nash and Hanrahan - rookie upgrade

(rumours we are adding Hartley? not confirmed)

leaves us with 4 picks in the draft and 3 rookies OR 6 picks in the draft and 1 rookie, unsure but 7 spots open (Hartley not included, maybe saving him for rookie spot, if AFL media is to be believed?)

IMO, Michael Hartley will be at the Hawks. Surely this is a near given. He had a contract on his table and walked away. The only question is when it is official.

Frawley needs a backup ... Hartley is well qualified.

I am very happy to have a quality defender with outstanding kicking skills at the Hawks.

Forget about the “IF” and “When” he joins the Hawks... the tide of thought is that he will be playing in the brown and gold come 2020.

Last edited:
IMO, Michael Hartley will be at the Hawks. Surely this is a near given. He had a contract on his table and walked away. The only question is when it is official.

Frawley needs a backup ... Hartley is well qualified.

I am very happy to have a quality defender with outstanding kicking skills at the Hawks.

Forget about the “IF” and “When” he joins the Hawks... the tide of thought is that he will be playing in the brown and gold come 2020.
Pretty much this you would suspect.

Just waiting till after the draft one would imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartley spent 2013 and 2014 on Collingwood's rookie list. In 2013 he played five games at VFL level before injuring a shoulder that forced him to miss the rest of the season. He required more surgery to both shoulders and missed the entire 2014 season. Delisted he played at Coburg for a season in 2015 when he won the best and fairest and was selected in the VFL team of the year.

There is a logical explanation for the delay in an announcement of any signing. Having spent 4 years at Scum Fields the club naturally would require Hartley to undergo intensive cleansing. He will need to have a Scumectomy and following the surgery he would then receive 4 weeks of detox treatment. The club will await the outcome of the surgery and treatment before making a final commitment ;) .

Hartley spent 2013 and 2014 on Collingwood's rookie list. In 2013 he played five games at VFL level before injuring a shoulder that forced him to miss the rest of the season. He required more surgery to both shoulders and missed the entire 2014 season. Delisted he played at Coburg for a season in 2015 when he won the best and fairest and was selected in the VFL team of the year.

There is a logical explanation for the delay in an announcement of any signing. Having spent 4 years at Scum Fields the club naturally would require Hartley to undergo intensive cleansing. He will need to have a Scumectomy and following the surgery he would then receive 4 weeks of detox treatment. The club will await the outcome of the surgery and treatment before making a final commitment ;) .
Makes sense. Put your minds at ease everyone :tearsofjoy:

As I understand it, allows an extra live pick in the national draft we can use in pick swaps on the night. If we took him earlier, less picks in the kitty to play with in live trading.

There's an element of that, but it also delays commitment if something doesn't work out. We can get clearance for him to train with us up until pretty much March, that allows a lot more time to sort through contracts, payments, list spots and the like.

Back