List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not really. One is a floating forward, the other a key back. Brown was vying with young guys like Laverde, Begley rqther than the common misconception he's battling it out with Daniher, McKErnan, Stewart.

Hartley is a key back. Nothing to do with Brown
Many on your board had said it was one or the other to go. Not both.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In fairness to Essendon they offered him a contract, so I can see why they've tried to make it a little more difficult for us. Still think we'll get him via PSD anyways.

I notice that Essendon have made it difficult for every player to achieve their employment ambitions this year. Between a history of experimental PED usage and now middle-finger player relations I reckon that Essendon are creating quite the go-to culture.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I notice that Essendon have made it difficult for every player to achieve their employment ambitions this year. Between a history of experimental PED usage and now middle-finger player relations I reckon that Essendon are creating quite the go-to culture.

Wonder if Shiel is second-guessing his decision to go to Essendon?

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't think he's had enough years on the list to qualify as a Free Agent.
Under the new "free agency for life" rule implemented this year any player previously delisted is considered a free agent and can choose to not sign a contract at their club and take up a contract offer at a new club Billy Gowers is in exactly same situation as Hartley. So, something else must be going on in the background... Here's a link

Last edited:
Michael Hartley has been invited to train with the club in the lead up to next weeks pre-season draft.

I had a dream last night that we signed Anthony Rocca as a DFA.... on horseback!

He wasn’t real mobile, so we also signed a horse to carry him, then we played another horse off the bench so as to rotate carrying Rocca.

Rocca lined up horseless at FF at the start of Round 1 against Brissie at the ‘G & in typical Hawthorn fashion, we were 3.9 by quarter time with Brissie yet to score. Rocca had 0.5 to quarter time, but looked strong against opponents (opponents also horseless).

I’m not sure whether the horses struggled with our forward set-up etc., but neither had been on the field by the time I woke up.

The_Axeman or TheFourPillars if you guys see any horses or other ungulates at training this week (or Anthony Rocca), please let me know!

Platten44

All Australian
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I had a dream last night that we signed Anthony Rocca as a DFA.... on horseback!

He wasn’t real mobile, so we also signed a horse to carry him, then we played another horse off the bench so as to rotate carrying Rocca.

Rocca lined up horseless at FF at the start of Round 1 against Brissie at the ‘G & in typical Hawthorn fashion, we were 3.9 by quarter time with Brissie yet to score. Rocca had 0.5 to quarter time, but looked strong against opponents (opponents also horseless).

I’m not sure whether the horses struggled with our forward set-up etc., but neither had been on the field by the time I woke up.

The_Axeman or TheFourPillars if you guys see any horses or other ungulates at training this week (or Anthony Rocca), please let me know!
Shirt on or topless?

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is how Dodoro gets his ideas I’ve heard

Whitfield out of the discussion signed on to GWS for 7 years #unlimitedsalarycap .

So, another huge contract to thank the Hawks for.

Who’s the next “the Hawks are chasing player X” to get their multi-million deal?

Back