Delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN Footy‏Verified account @SENfooty

JUST IN | @CollingwoodFC's Ben Sinclair has retired, whilst Adam Oxley and Jackson Ramsay have been delisted

No real surprises there, although Blair lucky not to be included in that. Hopefully someone snaps Oxley up as a DFA so we don't feel the need to pick him up in the rookie draft.

I quite like him I just see who he displaces from the below 22;

B GOLDSACK - DUNN - SCHARENBERG
HB HOWE - MOORE - VARCOE
C MAYNARD - PENDLEBURY - SIDEBOTTOM
HF WELLS - DEGOEY - ELLIOTT
F FASOLO - REID - COX
FOLL GRUNDY - ADAMS - TRELOAR
INT CRISP - DAICOS - PHILLIPS - HOSKIN-ELLIOTT

My view is they are committed to rotating Cox and Grundy forward and with Reid up there it gets pretty top heavy if you add Crameri.

Fasolo if anyone

That's fair enough, but on a 1 year deal he would be good backup. There's no real room for any more forwards if we opt to play 2 or Reid/Cox/Moore up forward. Then we just get too tall.

So Crameri may be no more than backup. Which is ok on a 1 year deal at basement price.

I posted in another thread a few days ago:

- Crameri was recruited at 22 years old as a mature aged rookie. He played 3 games in his debut season
- The next 5 years, he kicked 30+ goals consecutively, playing a minimum of 16 games every year.
- He was then suspended by WADA
- Upon return, he had a hip injury which ruled him out for the season.

So he has only played 5 full seasons, all of which he kicked more than 30 goals. I don't have a huge concern about his age because he hasn't been in the AFL system that long really. By all reports his body is fine, and mentally he is really hungry to make a comeback.

Can't see why it isn't worth the punt

I am inclined to agree, he is worth the punt. The only drawback I have is that effectively we have Mayne on the list serving the same purpose. Crameri is a better player and more versatile, but we kind of have to suck on our lemon in some ways and accept Mayne as a really expensive backup.

We have Elliot & Fasolo in that best 22 and effectively Crameri could step into their shoes easily enough upon an injury to either - which when you look at their injury history it seems likely. Crameri is a lot more defensive minded yet still hits the scoreboard, still has years left in his body.

Is there 5 spots available on the list.....if so I can see us taking 1 DFA and 4 picks in the draft......of the DFA's I hope it is Crameri but could also see us taking Collins.

Is there 5 spots available on the list.....if so I can see us taking 1 DFA and 4 picks in the draft......of the DFA's I hope it is Crameri but could also see us taking Collins.
Collins for me, fills a need and there is still some upside in him IMHO. I get why Crameri but I just can't see him at Collingwood.

That's fair enough, but on a 1 year deal he would be good backup. There's no real room for any more forwards if we opt to play 2 or Reid/Cox/Moore up forward. Then we just get too tall.

So Crameri may be no more than backup. Which is ok on a 1 year deal at basement price.

I posted in another thread a few days ago:

- Crameri was recruited at 22 years old as a mature aged rookie. He played 3 games in his debut season
- The next 5 years, he kicked 30+ goals consecutively, playing a minimum of 16 games every year.
- He was then suspended by WADA
- Upon return, he had a hip injury which ruled him out for the season.

So he has only played 5 full seasons, all of which he kicked more than 30 goals. I don't have a huge concern about his age because he hasn't been in the AFL system that long really. By all reports his body is fine, and mentally he is really hungry to make a comeback.

Can't see why it isn't worth the punt

Dont get me wrong I like him and if its bargain base price go for it as not confident the Cox / Grundy thing will work and nor am I confident Reid will stay fit.

Fas would be ahead of both Phillips and Daicos in the small forward pecking order at this stage.

But he's a marking forward as is Crameri. Faz will spend time out of the side next year if he can't really up his pressure and defensive game. I M O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he's a marking forward as is Crameri. Faz will spend time out of the side next year if he can't really up his pressure and defensive game. I M O

As is Elliott. That they're marking forwards doesn't preclude them from being small forwards, nor that both are clearly ahead of either Phillips or Daicos at this point in time. Fas gets his goal kicking back on song and gets going at better than 2 goals a game (which he's shown he's capable of) and he won't be going anywhere. A repeat of this years early season yips and you could argue there are better options but the onus then is on Phillips and Daicos (or even Brown or Kirby for that matter) to show they deserve Fas's senior small forward berth.

As is Elliott. That they're marking forwards doesn't preclude them from being small forwards, nor that both are clearly ahead of either Phillips or Daicos at this point in time. Fas gets his goal kicking back on song and gets going at better than 2 goals a game (which he's shown he's capable of) and he won't be going anywhere. A repeat of this years early season yips and you could argue there are better options but the onus then is on Phillips and Daicos (or even Brown or Kirby for that matter) to show they deserve Fas's senior small forward berth.

Thats yoyr opinion. I believe if crameri was to replace a player it wpuld be fasolo. I wouldn't have fasolo elliot crameri in the same forward line.

Thats yoyr opinion. I believe if crameri was to replace a player it wpuld be fasolo. I wouldn't have fasolo elliot crameri in the same forward line.

No worries, happy for you to retain a couple of virtually untried kids over a proven 2+ goals a game player in this hypothetical to find a spot for a player who hopefully doesn't even end up at the Pies, I mean we've got so many proven goal kickers.

McKenzie would be a nice pick up, still young has something we lack in kicking skills.

Think it's a smart move considering we just delisted 3 half backs.

Hine will probably draft him with pick 6.

but we kind of have to suck on our lemon in some ways and accept Mayne as a really expensive backup.

They're killing off the magoos in the VFL aren't they?

If so Mayne will unfortunately have to run out for the seniors (in the VFL) every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back