List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

I really cant see anyone that would add to our mix.

The only one who has some attraction is Neade given the logic would be more ground ball speed at Cox feet and more defensive pressure on way out (which was an issue at times this year) but when you look at the best 22 there isnt a spot for him and I'd be keen to give the spot (if there was one) to a Daicos or Brown.

He's delisted, struggled with diet and fitness. Pity.

Yep it's a real shame - here's hoping he gets on top of this heart issue and finds enough of a passion for the game and hunger to play at VFL level to give himself another shot (maybe a couple of years down the track).

He only turns 20 on Friday so time is on his side if the desire to play at the highest level returns.

The unknown for Jok is the midyear draft.

If we lose Murray, it is likely to come after lists are finalised this off season. If he gets a signficant penlalty and is deregistered, the first opportunity for us to fill a vacated sot may be the midyear rookie draft.

I'll be very surprised if Jok is still available after the National Draft. Very hopeful we can grab him with a late pick although not sure we'll have the list spot.

Agreed ...you can see with that clenched fist, that she'd hold the tackle well.
But come at a high cost.

But the merchandise shop and our online sales of such things would be a booming business.

WCE delistings : Karpany, Partington, Bayok,Burrows, England,Olango

Karpany & Partington the only real shocks there, both 2nd round picks if I remember correctly.

I really cant see anyone that would add to our mix.

The only one who has some attraction is Neade given the logic would be more ground ball speed at Cox feet and more defensive pressure on way out (which was an issue at times this year) but when you look at the best 22 there isnt a spot for him and I'd be keen to give the spot (if there was one) to a Daicos or Brown.

I'm hearing the club like Neade. And it's another move I'm not keen on likewise viewing Neade a further depth, and a guy turning 25 in May who is depth is yet another poor recruiting decision if it goes ahead.

He's quick, will pressure and a good user/decision maker when he does have it. He just doesn't find an adequate amount of the ball (11.1d, 4.8cp per game), hit the scoreboard enough for a forward (0.8g per game). Further to this, while pressure is his strength, his tackles don't stick, so you're looking at a low level, extremely limited player.

Selecting Atu through the clubs NGA is a better option. At least he can win the ground balls/contested ball while still having that capacity to tackle/pressure but his tackles really stick having a rugby background.

I'm hearing the club like Neade. And it's another move I'm not keen on likewise viewing Neade a further depth, and a guy turning 25 in May who is depth is yet another poor recruiting decision if it goes ahead.

He's quick, will pressure and a good user/decision maker when he does have it. He just doesn't find an adequate amount of the ball (11.1d, 4.8cp per game), hit the scoreboard enough for a forward (0.8g per game). Further to this, while pressure is his strength, his tackles don't stick, so you're looking at a low level, extremely limited player.

Selecting Atu through the clubs NGA is a better option. At least he can win the ground balls/contested ball while still having that capacity to tackle/pressure but his tackles really stick having a rugby background.
I would be very disappointed if we got Neade over Atu, as l believe long term he is exactly the type of player we need.
Rather develop our own mostly, than take a player that has not lived up to expectations and probably never will.

I would be very disappointed if we got Neade over Atu, as l believe long term he is exactly the type of player we need.
Rather develop our own mostly, than take a player that has not lived up to expectations and probably never will.

I suspect Collingwood take Atu anyway, so I don't think it's an either/or type thing.

The club may take both.

I'm not saying it's certain Neade joins the Pies, but I know he has been discussed and it sounded like the Pies may take him as a delisted free agent.

It's another a bit like with Roughead where I'd just rather not spend another list position on depth.

As with the Roughead case and it's the same story with Neade, there are better options outside the AFL system.

As a fan, it's frustratingly wasteful knowing how much better a number of state leaguers are or how much more scope to develop a lot of the even lesser rated junior talents have.

You have just described Blair.

Why on earth would we get rid of Blair then take [not quite Blair] as a DFA? Its madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have just described Blair.

Why on earth would we get rid of Blair then take [not quite Blair] as a DFA? Its madness.

Neade is faster and a better kick, but his ball winning capabilities are much worse and his tackles don't stick as reliably as Blair's.

So that's pretty much what you'd be investing in with Neade.

I suspect Collingwood take Atu anyway, so I don't think it's an either/or type thing.

The club may take both.

I'm not saying it's certain Neade joins the Pies, but I know he has been discussed and it sounded like the Pies may take him as a delisted free agent.

It's another a bit like with Roughead where I'd just rather not spend another list position on depth.

As with the Roughead case and it's the same story with Neade, there are better options outside the AFL system.

As a fan, it's frustratingly wasteful knowing how much better a number of state leaguers are or how much more scope to develop a lot of the even lesser rated junior talents have.
With Roughead l am more in favour of as insurance, than anything else, although Neade fits a need need of sorts,l just don’t think he is that good a footballer on a consistent basis to be worth getting.
I must admit living where l do l don’t follow the state leagues any more, like l once did.
Still l would rather us draft the kids, than recycle players who probably will never make it.

Atus never played a game of AFL footy.

You just described your boy Garlett there. But of course he's better than Neade.

I'll be very surprised if Jok is still available after the National Draft. Very hopeful we can grab him with a late pick although not sure we'll have the list spot.
He won't be taken through the National Draft.

Atus never played a game of AFL footy.

You just described your boy Garlett there. But of course he's better than Neade.

You're comparing the general forward with the third greatest scoreboard impact from 2017 v a guy who can't even average a goal per game.

'Atus never played a game of AFL footy.'
Neither has Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine or Sam Walsh. That happen when you're not old enough to be on an AFL list.

You're comparing the general forward with the third greatest scoreboard impact from 2017 v a guy who can't even average a goal per game.

'Atus never played a game of AFL footy.'
Neither has Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine or Sam Walsh. That happen when you're not old enough to be on an AFL list.
Please show me Garletts stats this year.

Please show me Garletts stats this year.

1.64 goals per game this year. Last year was 2 per game.

You might even call that consistent, having not dropped below 1.64 goals per game in his four years with Melbourne.

A shame Collingwood didn't offer up a late pick four years ago as he has offered Melbourne great service at bargain basement price.

1.64 goals per game this year. Last year was 2 per game.

You might even call that consistent, having not dropped below 1.64 goals per game in his four years with Melbourne.

A shame Collingwood didn't offer up a late pick four years ago as he has offered Melbourne great service at bargain basement price.

From memory, there were only a couple of Pies players who averaged more. JDG was 1, Mihocek possibly the other.

Spot on re both. Only addition re Atu that impresses me is he holds his feet and has a decent vertical.

From memory, there were only a couple of Pies players who averaged more. JDG was 1, Mihocek possibly the other.

De Goey is the only Pies to average more than 2 goals per game.

Mihocek, Hoskin-Elliott, Thomas and Stephenson are the others to have good goal per game totals.

I'm with Knighta on Neade. I kind of like the idea but neade doesnt fit into the 22 and if we recontract Daicos then I would rather be pumping games into him. Atu is well worth the investment in the ND where I expect he will be bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back