List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect Collingwood take Atu anyway, so I don't think it's an either/or type thing.

The club may take both.

I'm not saying it's certain Neade joins the Pies, but I know he has been discussed and it sounded like the Pies may take him as a delisted free agent.

It's another a bit like with Roughead where I'd just rather not spend another list position on depth.

As with the Roughead case and it's the same story with Neade, there are better options outside the AFL system.

As a fan, it's frustratingly wasteful knowing how much better a number of state leaguers are or how much more scope to develop a lot of the even lesser rated junior talents have.

Strange that only you realise this while a multitude of professional recruiters and talent spotters miss it. You should hit a couple of them up on Twitter and let them know.

De Goey is the only Pies to average more than 2 goals per game.

Mihocek, Hoskin-Elliott, Thomas and Stephenson are the others to have good goal per game totals.

I was more making the point that despite all the hype about our swoop squad, JDG (2.29 GPG) and Mihocek (1.81) were the only 2 to do better than Garlett's 1.64. WHE (1.62), Thomas (1.46) and Stephenson (1.46) all had good years but none bettered Garlett's average goals per game.

I was more making the point that despite all the hype about our swoop squad, JDG (2.29 GPG) and Mihocek (1.81) were the only 2 to do better than Garlett's 1.64. WHE (1.62), Thomas (1.46) and Stephenson (1.46) all had good years but none bettered Garlett's average goals per game.
Let's open a can of worms for the stats boffins...
How do they compare if shots at goal and goal assists are included?

Let's open a can of worms for the stats boffins...
How do they compare if shots at goal and goal assists are included?

Garlett: 1.6 GPG; 0.8 PPG; 0.8 GA
JDG: 2.3; 1.1; 0.8
Mihocek: 1.8; 1.1; 0.5
WHE: 1.6; 0.6; 0.7
Thomas: 1.5; 0.5; 0.5
Stephenson: 1.5; 0.9; 0.4

Close as you'll get identifying shots on goal.

Looks like GWS' 2019 ruckman might be delisted before he was listed - injured playing 8-ball :D. Setterfield may also have some collateral damage - go SOS.

EDIT: media has run with the name now so here we go.........

Last edited:
Looks like GWS' 2019 ruckman might be delisted before he was listed - injured playing 8-ball :D. Setterfield may also have some collateral damage - go SOS.

untitled.png

I can't see much to gain by pushoig out one of our fringe players for someone else's. We have already taken Roughead. There isn't going to beb a proven keep back available for free. We may as well worth with what we've got after allowing for the draft intake. I would think there would be a few delisting next year after some contracts are seen through.

So Mumford not on the shopping list.

Who would have thunk it?
A footballer with nose twitching

:rolleyes:

Jeepers, that's a lot of blow!!!

It's like that scene out of Scarface. I hope he wasn't doing that on his own. He'll still be climbing the walls.

Btw, why is this anyone's business? he's not on any teams list and he's not working for an AFL club is he?

It's like that scene out of Scarface. I hope he wasn't doing that on his own. He'll still be climbing the walls.

Btw, why is this anyone's business? he's not on any teams list and he's not working for an AFL club is he?
Yer...but it’s not what the AFL or individual Clubs like to see (for a ‘potential’ listed player).

Maybe the big mummy just wanted to be mummified or is that mumifried?

Check out the video Kirby...…..very hungry boy is Mummy.

He's the current GWS ruck coach and was slated to return to playing in 2019 - hence my tongue in cheek comment about being delisted before he gets listed .

In the end if GWS are determined to get him playing in 2019 I'm not sure that this video (which is apparently not recent - more like 2015) will be enough to stop it altogether. Will be interesting to see what the fallout is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair old line that.

Can Neade possibly play a small shutdown defender similar to Jetta from Melbourne?

Would be good having a measure for Rioli/Betts/Menzel type players, especially if Maynard takes a more dangerous forward.

I'd be surprised if we are looking at any delisted FA's at this point in time.

Sitting down and looking at it objectively we don't appear to have much in the way of wriggle room on either of our lists and I don't think there is any delisted FA who is enough of a list need to make us jump at them, and in the process consider delisting someone else in addition to the obvious suspects (ie. Kirby, Blair, Smith, Broomhead*, Oxley).

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if we are looking at any delisted FA's at this point in time.

Sitting down and looking at it objectively we don't appear to have much in the way od wriggle room on either of our lists and I don't think there is any delisted FA who is enough of a list need to make us jump at them, and in the process consider delisting someone else in addition to the obvious suspects (ie. Kirby, Blair, Smith, Broomhead*, Oxley).
I think some people just get caught up with the thought that "it's a free hit, we should take him"!! Indeed, we have almost no wriggle room at all with our lists, and if picking up a (tried and found to be lacking) player like Neade means that we can't take someone like Atu B., and/or (the still untried) McLarty gets axed, then I think we don't need to worry about DFA's this time around.

Last edited:
Kirby will be delisted, Varcoe year older, no guarantees Elliot gets back.

I would throw Neade a life line, some speed and Xfactor for back up

Or show some faith in A2B2

Can Neade possibly play a small shutdown defender similar to Jetta from Melbourne?

Would be good having a measure for Rioli/Betts/Menzel type players, especially if Maynard takes a more dangerous forward.
No.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back