List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents

Anyone worth looking at?

There has been a bit of discussion across a few threads, so what do you think?

A few names that have been mentioned:

Sam Skinner (Brisbane)
Matt Scharenberg (Collingwood)
Jacob Townsend (Essendon)
Cam McCarthy (Fremantle)
Oscar McDonald (Melbourne)
Mason Wood (North)
Lewis Jetta (West Coast)
Jackson Trengove (Bulldogs)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/retirements-and-delistings

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Billy Gowers 187cm forward

He’s still only 24 and really did burst onto the scene when given a consistent crack at the Bulldogs in 2018 after a couple of years at Carlton. Although 26 goals is nothing extraordinary, it was the most of any Bulldog in that year and was plenty more than what would’ve been expected of him. His form since then has been wayward and his time in the senior side diminished significantly as such, but if he can get into a club that will surround him with veteran talent he may benefit from having that sort of calibre around him to bounce off and learn from.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Doulton Langlands

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was hoping there would be more quality with list cuts but not much to pick from.
Possibly Mason Wood has the talent.
Narkle still hasn't signed get in his ear.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Doulton Langlands
Now there's a name!

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think the club would have to know or see something the general punter hasn't seen to look too closely at anyone. Gowers did look like a long term player though.

This delisted, retired and traded players page on the AFL website is regularly updated and is good reference source for DFA's.

What sort of $$$ would Jacko be after?? He supposedly was on $600k with us in 2017, but after being dropped late 2017, not picked for the EF, was only offered $300k, he said no and took WB's $450k deal. He has played 16+16+1 = 33 games over 3 years at WB's.

I ask that as someone mentioned maybe get him back as the Maggies leadership player with the option to take him in one of the mid season draft periods the AFL is proposing.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Simpson, Henderson and Close re-signed for Geelong today. Narkle still doesn't have a contract. Neither do Jarvis and Tarca who were drafted from SA two years ago. Jarvis goes okay.

Skinner i'd be keen on but he'll go to North Melbourne
Scharenberg would be good depth but I reckon he'll go to Adelaide

Players i'd be keen on:

Riley Knight, Mitch O'Neill, Brady Rowles, Fraser Turner

Billy Gowers 187cm forward

He’s still only 24 and really did burst onto the scene when given a consistent crack at the Bulldogs in 2018 after a couple of years at Carlton. Although 26 goals is nothing extraordinary, it was the most of any Bulldog in that year and was plenty more than what would’ve been expected of him. His form since then has been wayward and his time in the senior side diminished significantly as such, but if he can get into a club that will surround him with veteran talent he may benefit from having that sort of calibre around him to bounce off and learn from.

Billy Gowers played literally the worst AFL game I've ever seen this year. Literally.

It's a massive no from me.

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heard trengove and pittard go ok

Real talk. Jackson in for a season as tall depth while pasini develops wouldn't be horrible

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Nothing on that list really jumps out at me TBH. I don't mind Scharenberg or Savage as footballers but we're well stocked enough in defence that we don't need them. Other than that, meh.

Hopefully one of Narkle or Constable gets cut. That's who I'd be interested in.

Yep. No more defenders.
Nothing in that lot we should look at tbh.
Narkle if he slips maybe, but sounds like he is on the verge of signing a one year extension anyway.
Either find a gem that slips, or happy for us to keep one pick up our sleeve for the supplementary drafts.

I want us to get Billy Gowers so I can say "What happen Gowers"

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Wood, Scharenberg and maybe Narkle would be the only ones I'd look at this year.

Anyone who says Oscar McDonald can GAGF. I'd play 2020 Toby Thurstans over that guy.

Gryllis

All Australian
Feb 12, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With the small reduction in list size, I'd be surprised if many get picked up. The DLA seems to be the last player added to a list, or there abouts, so they're largely taking a spare spot on lists that no longer exists.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Narkle re-signed for Geelong. Tarca the only player to be de-listed.

I'm still a bit of a fan of skinner. I thought zac foot might be okay. Nothing much to get excited by.
Can't see us getting a DFA just get some more kids.

Back