Oppo Camp Delisted Players To Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

astro_toby

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Remember him? Our former golden child... :)

I remember he was very well loved and respected within these circles before he got traded. A lot of people here were filthy we traded him for Grigg as we thought he was not a necessary pawn to make the move happen. Clearly his time at Carlton has been riddled with injuries and bad form, & i don't think anyone at Carlton would miss him. Is he someone who we would ever consider trading back to the club? Guy looked like he could be a good midfield rotation and was a clutch small forward who knew how to win a close game. Would cost nothing these days, & I wouldn't be surprised if Malthouse cut him. And if this did happen, would anyone even consider mature rookie listing him?

I'm not sure if its just a case we totally overrated him, or he has just had rotten luck and not gotten comfortable at Carlton. I just remember thinking he fitted into the team well & had some real talent - was all guts, courage & calm in the clutch.

Richmond man through and through Andy. Hasn't really progressed at Carlton like he was at Richmond and could find himself delisted in a few weeks. Hopefully he makes the cut because when he plays Carlton lose.

If he did get delisted I'd throw a rookie contract at him for sure. He still has slot of growing to do Andy and the club lives him and he will never let anyone down. Plus we need to build up the numbers for our stand alone VFL side. He'd put his heart and soul into all these options such is the character of the man.

Great bloke , could be a solid footballer under the right coach and he still holds the record at the club for hanging 14 wet beach towels off his member which was a great achievement.

Heard that people around his way were VERY surprised he got drafted. Was an average football apparently. Really shows in the AFL. Just doesn't quite have it.

His 2012 stats actually look a lot better than i thought they would, so considering how much crap Carlton & Malthouse will want to cull after this season - you would think he would be safe from a cull. From memory he is out of contract though. so the question will be do they cull all the crap they want now, not matter their contract status - or do they concentrate on culling from the Out of Contract list? Considering Ratten's pay out & Malthouse's new contract - they would be looking at taking the $$$ road with list management?

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/players.../senior/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx

He wasn't our Golden Child he was a Man Child ! He ate smoked kipplings for breakfast each day and did jazzacise in the off season to stay fit and gain the advantage on his opponents.

Of course he's welcome back , if he fell off his bike and scraped his knee he'd bleed black and yellow and take a dab of macurycrome on a cotton wool bud with ease he is so tuff.

Get the paper work ready Francis ' Andy's comin home!!!!!!!

He wasn't our Golden Child he was a Man Child ! He ate smoked kipplings for breakfast each day and did jazzacise in the off season to stay fit and gain the advantage on his opponents.

Of course he's welcome back , if he fell off his bike and scraped his knee he'd bleed black and yellow and take a dab of macurycrome on a cotton wool bud with ease he is so tuff.

Get the paper work ready Francis ' Andy's comin home!!!!!!!

Is it true that he was sent to Carlton to derail season 2012? If so he has really delivered once again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed for 3 years with Carlton. We got an awesome Ruckman in Griggs and Andy got 3 years on way more cash than he was getting here. Plus his special Visy Kippling Deal payments he receives.

Should just make the cut. Will Be interesting to see what Malthouse can do with him. Andy is like a sponge so coldly go really well under a grand father figure.

Signed for 3 years with Carlton. We got an awesome Ruckman in Griggs and Andy got 3 years on way more cash than he was getting here. Plus his special Visy Kippling Deal payments he receives.

Should just make the cut. Will Be interesting to see what Malthouse can do with him. Andy is like a sponge so coldly go really well under a grand father figure.
grandfathers like cold sponge under them?

Carlton board was abuzz with glowing praise for him when he strung together a few good games. I would be surprised if he went anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back