Prediction Delisting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hagdorn reckons that Sheridan, Sutcliffe and Grey will be delisted today, however they may be picked back up on the rookie list.

He also said that Freo are trying to get a trade for Michael Apeness.
Trading Apeness would be ok. He is injury prone and Nads is the same type of player.

With the inflated value of kpp/ruck types we may even crack a third rounder.

Remember when we picked up Gumbleton for pick 55 ;)
Gumbleton was a pick one and never played but when he did he usually kicked a few goals and strung good form together. Apeness hasn't even come out and bossed a quarter. I think he's an okay player and thought he went pretty well with Cox against Carlton – I was at the game, they worked well – but he's worth nothing. The fact he's got a contract in the AFL for 2019 is lucky enough.

Hawthorn could be a suitor with a very very late pick. Roughy is getting on and they have a good history with getting knee patients on the right track

Sheridan and Suttclife delisted is good news in an incredible day. They're done as AFL players.
But Grey is a bit stiff.
Trading Apeness? Yeah you better hope Nads gets along this pre season otherwise we re stuffed in Ruck/midfield. If Neale and Apeness goes, we can kiss the rebuild/premiership 2020 good bye.

Hope Ross gets the sack. That'll be the full cleanout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I like Grey. It's always enjoyable watching a player with grunt and intent - always giving their best regardless of where the game is going - BUT his availability over the years has been a problem and his skills aren't great. I could honestly only name one memorable good game from him. At best he's the type of player who can come in and do the job when injuries come up before being dropped next week. He's not B22 material and the list is still going through it's transition. Unfortunately he plays a role that is likely getting invested into at this draft and we have decent depth in (If you factor in the small bodies with another pre-season who will be playing their AFL minutes down there with runs through the middle)

All pretty fair de-listings really. Sutcliffe was absolutely toasted. Sheridan I thought was pretty ok the last stretch of games. But honestly, neither him nor Grey are really going to be players that would help take a team up the ladder.

Glad we kept Strnadica for at least one more year.

All pretty fair de-listings really. Sutcliffe was absolutely toasted. Sheridan I thought was pretty ok the last stretch of games. But honestly, neither him nor Grey are really going to be players that would help take a team up the ladder.

Glad we kept Strnadica for at least one more year.

Has the club confirmed any of this yet?

Has the club confirmed any of this yet?

I don’t think so.

There is a possibility that the reason the club hasn’t released these details is that that they are hoping to get a trade for one or more of the players, or that they may not delist all three if some of their plans to bring players in fall through.
Obviously I’m just speculating.

The players themselves know they are in limbo and have probably confirmed this to the reporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back