Prediction Delisting...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd only delist Sutcliffe, Grey and Hughes out of our current crop. Hughes has been okay and can take a one year deal. Definite rookie upgrades for Duman, Nyhuis, and Banfield imo. Giro not far off. I don't think much of Scott Jones but think he's on a two year deal so he'll get another season.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hughes shouldn't be delisted. If so he's gonna tear it up somewhere else. He has great hands, and he was really solid against Collingwood.
But god we just dent any average player's confidence don't we? Play Suban, Ballantyne, Sheridan. Yet keep/delist De Boer, Menegola, Mayne.

Grey is well worth a spot. He actually one of those that want to keep his spot and plays like he actually cares each and every game
Tucker and Sheridan though, play like they're runners and have no smarts nor passion.

A lot will depend upon our trading I guess. Given we have already traded out our second, third and fourth round picks this year, we look like having pick 5 and then the next will be around the 75 mark (give and take with compos and pps).

For the fringe players, they only have to be better than a pick in the 75-120 range to be worth keeping for another year and not delisting.

... baring some miracle trade period involving trading in next year's picks for good picks this year.

yeah I'd be gobsmacked if we got rid of Hughes. Late bloomer but gee he's got some talent.
If there was any doubt he probably saved himself with his last match.
We might have to decide between what he would get us as a trade versus his value on our list.

I loved his 2017 season, I really do think his limited preparation because of his injury hampered his playing and form - he can easily work through that again this pre-season. I don't think he would be worth anything. North might pay something, apparently they were into him last trade period IIRC.

I loved his 2017 season, I really do think his limited preparation because of his injury hampered his playing and form - he can easily work through that again this pre-season. I don't think he would be worth anything. North might pay something, apparently they were into him last trade period IIRC.
What is not worth anything? Our 2nd pick is going to be 80 or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sutcliff still contracted???
on footywire and zerohanger it says he is on his last year....
Yeah as noted I ****ed that one up, I should have checked myself rather than believing what I was told
I would be grateful if someone could post a list of who is out of contract - Sheridan, Hughes and (now I know) Sutcliffe are the ones I believe are legit. Who else? I know I could research myself but I'm lazy.

View attachment 551562

Gold Coast will have a few decent-ish late picks.

Pick 29 for Sherro would be a dream.. but would still take 38 or 41.

Mind you, still wouldn't mind Sherro staying on as depth.

I’d keep Sherro as depth too but GC will get pick 3 for Lynch and have 5 picks under 30. We should target their pick 38 and 41 for anything. They’re basically nothing picks to them as they won’t even require them.

I’d keep Sherro as depth too but GC will get pick 3 for Lynch and have 5 picks under 30. We should target their pick 38 and 41 for anything. They’re basically nothing picks to them as they won’t even require them.
They will get a PP as well. Both 38 and 41 will get pushed back a bit with 2 x PP, & Compo picks for Lynch, Gaff, Lycett, Dahlhus and maybe one or two more. Therefore 38 will become 44, 41 will become 47 and 74 will become 80.

Sheridan + 77 (likely 83) + Future 3rd round > 38 (likely 44) + 41 (likely 47) and 74 (Likely 80).

That will give us something like:
6, 44, 47, 80 (Jason Carter)

Sherro, Sutty, Grey, Nyhuis, Jones etc.all have some (minor) trade value. I think we'll wait until after trade week to announce our non-retirement delistings.

Maybe one or more will be steak knives.
None of those players have more value than what crozier has last year.... so I doubt we get anything for them

I love Brady grey and would be keeping him for sure

he gives effort but so did de boer, suban etc.

he can't hit a target and is quite fumbly. I'm not sure there is a place for him.

Why keep poorly skilled players like Sutcliffe ,Grey & Sheridan. 3 have retired but we have as mentioned on a previous post promoted two(duman & Banfield) so having to take a min of 3 from draft means need to cut at least another 2. BTW sutclifee, Sheridan & grey are out of contract. Nyhuis has to be promoted up onto main list or needs to be cut from Rookie list. Tucker has some trade value

Why keep poorly skilled players like Sutcliffe ,Grey & Sheridan. 3 have retired but we have as mentioned on a previous post promoted two(duman & Banfield) so having to take a min of 3 from draft means need to cut at least another 2. BTW sutclifee, Sheridan & grey are out of contract. Nyhuis has to be promoted up onto main list or needs to be cut from Rookie list. Tucker has some trade value

Ultimately, poorly skilled players don’t have a long term future, but you can’t get rid of everyone, so keep the one who is a competitive beast and will run through brick walls. Keep grey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back