Prediction Delisting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Off topic a bit, just listening to ABC radio and they were discussing reviews of the bottom 10 this year.
They interviewed notables and personalities of each of the clubs regarding progression, performance and looking at what to expect next year.
For Freo they had Dr Sean Gorman (legend of a bloke), author of literary note and champion of indigenous boys particularly in WA.
If anyone can look up the interview with Lehmo and co it was ...kn hilarious.
Description of Ross ..... priceless.

The Dockers are looking to add experienced players and draft picks this off-season and out-of-contract players including Cam Sutcliffe, Brady Grey, Ethan Hughes and Tommy Sheridan are in limbo for the time being.

"Any player that isn't contracted for next year was told (at exit meetings), quite conclusively, that no final decisions had been made on their contracts," Rosich said.

"We're waiting to see how a few of our plans in the off-season develop."
I’d expect Sheridan and Hughes to be offered 1 year contracts.If Sheridan can net us an early to mid third rounder (ie 40-48) he will prob go.

Grey, Sutcliffe will be goneski. Strnadica I thought GC Suns were interested. If we can get a 4th rounder or early 5th I’d trade him.

Also I’d delist and re-rookie Nyhuis.

I’d expect Sheridan and Hughes to be offered 1 year contracts.If Sheridan can net us an early to mid third rounder (ie 40-48) he will prob go.

Grey, Sutcliffe will be goneski. Strnadica I thought GC Suns were interested. If we can get a 4th rounder or early 5th I’d trade him.

Can't think why we would trade Strnadica. Doesn't mean we won't though. He is the best Forward ruck prospect we have, to work with Darcy in the future. If we recruit a Lobb, then maybe but otherwise? Especially for a 4th rounder. Watching the Collingwood game again last night both Grey and Sheridan were ok, but if I had to hold on to one it would be Grey. We really lack hardness and Sheridan doesn't offer anything in that area. But I agree, he is probably goneski. We want draft picks and need room for some trading we want to do, so some, if not all, will definitely go.
Nyhuis may depend on how attacking Ross wants to go in our backline. He wants all out attack in the back line and a defensive forward line. Go figure.

Btw why do we still have a rookie list? What is the technical difference to main list? They can play all the time now, so there is no point. Could he not just get a 1 year contract (perhaps on different terms, less money for rookies?) without delisting?

Btw why do we still have a rookie list? What is the technical difference to main list? They can play all the time now, so there is no point. Could he not just get a 1 year contract (perhaps on different terms, less money for rookies?) without delisting?
Mostly just about how many picks you have in the draft, perhaps a little complicated due to Academy boys.

I remember reading somewhere that Strnadica knew he was going to be a project player for Freo and that he knew that he was going to have to spend a fair bit of his development time on the rookie list. Hopefully that means both parties have mutually agreed to a third year on the rookie list.

how long did we have Moller on the list? feel like Strnadica has already shown way more than he ever did

Moller was a category B rookie so was a 'free shot' (both list spot and some of the salary). Not really fair to compare. Still a waste of time in the end, but still.

Jones would’ve been an ok player in the AFL 20+ years ago, but not now.

Think you're right there, but I'd still give him a glimmer of hope.

He's quite a smart player and smart players can make up for other deficiencies - mobility and open field pace being his of course. I'd say odds are tiny that he'll make it, but let's at least see out his two year rookie contract first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you're right there, but I'd still give him a glimmer of hope.

He's quite a smart player and smart players can make up for other deficiencies - mobility and open field pace being his of course. I'd say odds are tiny that he'll make it, but let's at least see out his two year rookie contract first.

Normally I’d agree with this and I feel for him but he really is excess to needs unless of course we delist Strnadica.

Not resigning Gray is a travesty. He adds something and can do more then Ballas. Disappointing in that.

Resigning Sheridan. Hahaha please.
I think Ballas is still better than Grey at home. But we should never play him away, again. Has shown consistently that he cannot travel so I'd rather give a game to a kid than put up with Ballas.

Grey try's hard but his skills really let him down. Maybe ok for depth but seems like a less talent version of De Bore.

I'd be surprised if there is much interest for Sheridan, seems like delist material for me. When ever people mention pick 40-50 I can't help but laugh...

I think Ballas is still better than Grey at home. But we should never play him away, again. Has shown consistently that he cannot travel so I'd rather give a game to a kid than put up with Ballas.

Grey try's hard but his skills really let him down. Maybe ok for depth but seems like a less talent version of De Bore.

I'd be surprised if there is much interest for Sheridan, seems like delist material for me. When ever people mention pick 40-50 I can't help but laugh...
Yeah these guys aren't being held for trade bait. How many stay depends on how many list spots we have left open at the end of the trade period. The more players /picks we trade in, the more of them get delisted.

Can't believe we're talking about delisting Jones and keeping Sheridan?

Sheridan, who was drafted alongside Lachie Neale, who has barely played 90 games and has yet to actually even find himself a position, who is the same player he was 70 games ago, and who will never ever improve... while we are in a rebuild...

Versus Jones. First year. What, six games? In a position that will be depleted this time next year when Sandilands returns. It might be a personality clash thing but jesus christ considering the amount of deadweight and shitness on our list it is insane to give this bloke the chop.

I'd rather get rid of someone like Giro who cannot kick or Crowden who runs around stupid and never gets enough touches over Jones. But it's still insane to delist either.

Honestly at this stage give the young guys another season at least. We love to piss guys away who end up going better again in the WAFL or going off to Geelong while we keep playing and re-signing elders who never play to their best again. You'd think in a rebuild you'd address that, change that, and concentrate on younger guys.

Fmd.

Sheridan, who was drafted alongside Lachie Neale, who has barely played 90 games and has yet to actually even find himself a position, who is the same player he was 70 games ago, and who will never ever improve... while we are in a rebuild...

Versus Jones. First year. What, six games? In a position that will be depleted this time next year when Sandilands returns. It might be a personality clash thing but jesus christ considering the amount of deadweight and shitness on our list it is insane to give this bloke the chop.

I'd rather get rid of someone like Giro who cannot kick or Crowden who runs around stupid and never gets enough touches over Jones. But it's still insane to delist either.

Honestly at this stage give the young guys another season at least. We love to piss guys away who end up going better again in the WAFL or going off to Geelong while we keep playing and re-signing elders who never play to their best again. You'd think in a rebuild you'd address that, change that, and concentrate on younger guys.

Fmd.

I agree with your assessment of Sheridan but none of the rest.

Fmd.

Agree on Sheridan.
Agree on Jones.
Disagree on Giro and Crowden.
Agree on our pissing away players to Geelong (how useful would a big bodied mid like Menegola be?)

Keep up the good work, SA!

Hagdorn reckons that Sheridan, Sutcliffe and Grey will be delisted today, however they may be picked back up on the rookie list.

He also said that Freo are trying to get a trade for Michael Apeness.

Hagdorn reckons that Sheridan, Sutcliffe and Grey will be delisted today, however they may be picked back up on the rookie list.

He also said that Freo are trying to get a trade for Michael Apeness.
If the second part is actually true it means we would be after Lobb which I am heavily against

Remove this Banner Ad

Back