News Delistings: Knight, Taylor, Wilson (more to come)

hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
Going to be some tough decisions to be made with the next round of delistings.
Could be any or all of Mackay, Davis, Seedsman, Strachan, Poholke, Gallucci, Crocker, Frampton.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Not surprising, Knight never took the next steps forward after 2017, Wilson IMO was always a depth/SANFL player for us and Taylor just got unlucky when COVID-19 hit and now likely reduction in list sizes. Thank you and all the best to the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for the service boys. All the best.

My favourite Knight moment.

c5f2e66b300e7dad79e140465226d377
He was hung out to dry by the club too.

That incident was symbolic of the killer edge that 2017 Adelaide were lacking versus 1997 Adelaide. Compare with the equivalent incident in 1997 of Ormond-Allen having his jaw broken behind play (which also happened in round 18 coincidentally.)

The 1997 Crows brought the incident to the tribunal's attention themselves, because they would not stand for that thuggery. Where the 2017 Crows did absolutely nothing about their players being visibly eye-gouged.

He was hung out to dry by the club too.

That incident was symbolic of the killer edge that 2017 Adelaide were lacking versus 1997 Adelaide. Compare with the equivalent incident in 1997 of Ormond-Allen having his jaw broken behind play (which also happened in round 18 coincidentally.)

The 1997 Crows brought the incident to the tribunal's attention themselves, because they would not stand for that thuggery. Where the 2017 Crows did absolutely nothing about their players being visibly eye-gouged.

If we suggested Joel Selwood eye gouged another player, we would have received draft sanctions again

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would love to see Knight get a second life at another club like Ricky Henderson did, but not sure if a team would take a look at him.

I reckon if he can have a good season in the SANFL next year and (hopefully) show his body can hold up then he could possibly find his way back onto an AFL list, although if they shrink much that won't help him. I guess he might not even want it any more.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd forgotten that Wilson was on the list, tbh. Never really got a run at it, too many similar players in front of him. Makes you wonder why we drafted him in the first place - didn't seem to be a good fit. I guess it's easy to say that in hindsight.

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
Going to be some tough decisions to be made with the next round of delistings.
Could be any or all of Mackay, Davis, Seedsman, Strachan, Poholke, Gallucci, Crocker, Frampton.

I think there is very little chance that Seedsman or Frampton will be delisted. The others would have good reason to be worried though.

Klug

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens FC
I think there is very little chance that Seedsman or Frampton will be delisted. The others would have good reason to be worried though.

Why was Seeds not playing for the last few round of the season? I think he's very likely to get cut.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Why was Seeds not playing for the last few round of the season? I think he's very likely to get cut.
Seeds is contracted for 2021 and Billy unil end of 2022 they wont be delisted

Seed has definitely carried an injury this year and the only way I see him leaving is through a trade for a late pick and the new club would agree to pick up his 2021 salary

My guess is both players will be on our list in 2021

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Klug

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens FC
Seeds is contracted for 2021 and Billy unil end of 2022 they wont be delisted

Seed has definitely carried an injury this year and the only way I see him leaving is through a trade for a late pick and the new club would agree to pick up his 2021 salary

My guess is both players will be on our list in 2021

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope you're right, as I rate Seeds. It's unusual that he wouldn't appear on our injury list for the last month, if that is the reason he wasn't playing.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
With Gibbs, Atkins, BCrouch? and yesterday's delistings that makes 6. Expecting around another 6 more to be moved on. Feel it may be Strachan(delisted), Poholke(delisted), Gallucci(traded/delisted), Crocker(delisted) plus another couple of trades.

Last edited:

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
With Gibbs, Atkins, BCrouch? and yesterday's delistings that makes 6. Expecting around another 6 more to be moved on. Feel it may be Strachan(delisted), Poholke(delisted), Gallucci(traded/delisted), Crocker(delisted) plus another couple of trades.
Has the Gooch to St Kilda rumor pretty much died now?

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd forgotten that Wilson was on the list, tbh. Never really got a run at it, too many similar players in front of him. Makes you wonder why we drafted him in the first place - didn't seem to be a good fit. I guess it's easy to say that in hindsight.

Purely to fill a hole in our list demographic and to provide a bigger body.

Back