News Delistings: Knight, Taylor, Wilson (more to come)

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Strachan might be ok, might get a 1 year deal as ruck insurance seeing we don't have another ruck option. Yeah we could draft a ruckman but a 18yr old skinny ruckman wont give you much yet. I think Strachan gets another 1 year deal
no strachan too slow one match was enough to see that. quite surprised they even rookie listed him

119others

The Crows are coming
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for the service boys. All the best.

My favourite Knight moment.

c5f2e66b300e7dad79e140465226d377
If thats from the 2017 Prelim, I also loved M Crouch absolute vitriol towards Danger as he ran through the Crows midfield area before the first bounce. Literally frothing at the mouth - love it.

Does this end our experiment of rookie listing 25 year old midfielders from the SANFL who've never been AFL listed previously?
When did we do this? I went back to 2009 and couldn't find anyone?? Except Jono Beech, who was a forward.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Assuming the rumour is off the mark re Talia, I'm hoping Harto gets an offer that might get us a 3rd that we can use to upgrade another pick.
Good thing is Band 4 and band 5 are close to equal for the Crows,
Band 4 is end of 2nd while Band 5 after our 3rd rd. So unless he only get a 1 year contract of 2+ but way under the AFL average he will get an early 3rd if he become a free agent.

davos44

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Redbacks, Adel United
I have seen enough of Poholke to think he isn't going to be an AFL footballer.
Built like Tarzan, has an amazingly small tank and panics with every disposal.

These guys should go:
Poholke
Strachan
Davis (Trade?)
Seedsman (Trade?)
Crocker

Mackay will play on, you guys know he will. Not sure why you would think he wouldn't.
#DMAC4EVA

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good thing is Band 4 and band 5 are close to equal for the Crows,
Band 4 is end of 2nd while Band 5 after our 3rd rd. So unless he only get a 1 year contract of 2+ but way under the AFL average he will get an early 3rd if he become a free agent.

I have my doubts we'd even use a band 4 or 5 pick given the list size reductions and our current draft hand.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Line-ball. I would be inclined to turn Billy Frampton back into a pure ruckman.

So when he's playing seniors who's rucking for you at SANFL level?

**Assuming that Himmelberg is playing ones too.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
The other thing with Strachan is you need that competitive 'youngster' pushing the senior players for their spot at training and the like, similarly to what ROB had to go through with Sauce.

Without Strachan or another genuine ruck coming for his spot, I don't see ROB improving again next season like he did this season without that competition.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked Wilsons' stats in his only AFL game again. I don't remember him having 15 disposals. I just remember him shanking a couple of kicks badly when he's capable of much better. A bit like screwing up your first date with a girl you really like and never hearing from her again.

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked Wilsons' stats in his only AFL game again. I don't remember him having 15 disposals. I just remember him shanking a couple of kicks badly when he's capable of much better. A bit like screwing up your first date with a girl you really like and never hearing from her again.
all i remember is he was slower than a 3 legged dog

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Sorry to be spamming your thread.

I rate Wilson and hope the Bombers throw him a lifeline.

I don't think he's as bad as you blokes make him out to be.

He's just as good as Greenwood and in a different environment, he's thriving.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry to be spamming your thread.

I rate Wilson and hope the Bombers throw him a lifeline.

I don't think he's as bad as you blokes make him out to be.

He's just as good as Greenwood and in a different environment, he's thriving.
Nah. He's trash.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
So typical of Mackay to play some of his best footy 2/3 games before his contract expires. He’s so bloody predictable.
He left an apple on Nicks' desk after his exit interview

So typical of Mackay to play some of his best footy 2/3 games before his contract expires. He’s so bloody predictable.

He would have been a superstar if we could have given him 14 1-year contracts

Back