Votes: 63 43.4%
  • No.

Votes: 82 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menzel is an elite passer I50

In the PF against Adel when we were working back in the game Menz had an opportunity to pass to Joel directly in front but instead had a long shot. At the time people said well he’s off to Adel. I can’t forget that night and how bad Cockatoo and Menzel were. Joel went absolutely spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the PF against Adel when we were working back in the game Menz had an opportunity to pass to Joel directly in front but instead had a long shot. At the time people said well he’s off to Adel. I can’t forget that night and how bad Cockatoo and Menzel were. Joel went absolutely spare.

Menzel hasn't played well in any finals since his injuries. To me, he seems a player that would love the big stage. But I think that his body can't do 20 games a season. Add to that he is not favored at Geelong, I'd guess his decision making would be astray under pressure nowadays. Trying too hard to prove his worth.

What could have been.

He wasn't so elite in the final against Melbourne when we had all the momentum and he selfishly ignored Murdoch 10 metres out from goal and decided to have shot when he was too close to the man in front. A handball over the top and we were back and full of running with the margin down to 15 points.

I wonder how much of his bad performance in finals is the responsibility to 'fix' problems he felt burdened with because of his circumstances and the opportunities the club was giving him. It can be hard to be under that pressure and still do the right thing to release all control over such a crunch situation.

It's all in the past now, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought Cocky was okay that night all things considered. Not sure he should have been playing in a prelim first up back from injury, but I guess it's just so exciting when he's actually healthy that the coaches struggle to restrain themselves.

I thought Cocky was okay that night all things considered. Not sure he should have been playing in a prelim first up back from injury, but I guess it's just so exciting when he's actually healthy that the coaches struggle to restrain themselves.

I think when it comes to Cockatoo, the coaching staff and a good chunk of this board are putting fantasy instead of reality. Everyone gets excited because of what Cockatoo might become, instead of a far more pragmatic appraisal of what he actually is.

It won't happen, but I've love the club to set Cockatoo a target of playing 4-6 VFL games, and playing well (that is, say 15-20 touches, 1-2 goals a week), then being recalled to senior level, and then with expectations to get something like 12-15 touches, 5-6 tackles. Focus on the basics. Stop expecting him to be a superstar tomorrow and let him develop.

I think when it comes to Cockatoo, the coaching staff and a good chunk of this board are putting fantasy instead of reality. Everyone gets excited because of what Cockatoo might become, instead of a far more pragmatic appraisal of what he actually is.

It won't happen, but I've love the club to set Cockatoo a target of playing 4-6 VFL games, and playing well (that is, say 15-20 touches, 1-2 goals a week), then being recalled to senior level, and then with expectations to get something like 12-15 touches, 5-6 tackles. Focus on the basics. Stop expecting him to be a superstar tomorrow and let him develop.
Don't disagree but he would then become one of the several players told by CS -play well in the VFL and you will get Senior selection- and then to find it was 'false'

Menzel hasn't played well in any finals since his injuries. To me, he seems a player that would love the big stage. But I think that his body can't do 20 games a season. Add to that he is not favored at Geelong, I'd guess his decision making would be astray under pressure nowadays. Trying too hard to prove his worth.

What could have been.
Who has played well in the finals in the past few years??????

Murdoch to GC is confirmed:

GOLD Coast has signed former Geelong midfielder Jordan Murdoch as a delisted free agent.
The 26-year-old will join the Suns on a three-year deal after being delisted by the Cats last month.

Good luck to him, and not sure how close Murdoch & GHS are/were, but first day of pre-season training may have gotten a little easier for both guys by having someone else they know signed with the team.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/ad3d140cbe5b184331c7faf31e702307

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murdoch to GC is confirmed:

GOLD Coast has signed former Geelong midfielder Jordan Murdoch as a delisted free agent.
The 26-year-old will join the Suns on a three-year deal after being delisted by the Cats last month.

Good luck to him, and not sure how close Murdoch & GHS are/were, but first day of pre-season training may have gotten a little easier for both guys by having someone else they know signed with the team.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/ad3d140cbe5b184331c7faf31e702307
Good luck Jordan, hope you can carve out a career with the suns, and enjoy the Goldy.

If he can get continuity he will be a player. after 33 games in four years though I don't know when that's going to happen.

The afl website described Murdoch as a running machine........ I prefer this one because I think it would be a better decision maker and get caught less with the ball.......
634d6827aa934601a572f8df9b7cf084.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The AFL website is now describing him an experienced midfielder. What drugs are they on?

I do wish him well though. I reckon he was a better forward than anywhere else on the park

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Dan Menzel's debut 2010 against Footscray. His first goal in 2nd quarter.

Thanks for that. Love beating that mob. We were so good always moving the ball , always someone running past or within a handball, such better footy all round. The Ablett goal halfway through the last1/4 was sublime, took the mark kept running and kicked it.

Thanks for that. Love beating that mob. We were so good always moving the ball , always someone running past or within a handball, such better footy all round. The Ablett goal halfway through the last1/4 was sublime, took the mark kept running and kicked it.
1Q, Josh Hunt, lot of traffic, inside D50, handball to Bartel I think, without hesitation continued forward past Bartel(and through some oppo) to receive the 1-2 and clear the 50. Beautiful, brilliant, instinctive footy.:thumbsu:

Well done to Jordan... Fleecing the Suns for 3 years when no other club wants you is absolutely incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back