• Yes.

Votes: 63 43.4%
  • No.

Votes: 82 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t need to do an in depth medical review given Murda’s durability. Three years though.....gosh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He will thrive there. Weather, opportunity, and he can run.

He will thrive there. Weather, opportunity, and he can run.

Opportunity. He can run fast.... and kick...and tackle. Just needs to throw caution to the wind now and attack using those three strengths. Forget the game plan.

Won't be earning a fortune but I would be surprised if he is not in their best 22 come April.

Won't be earning a fortune but I would be surprised if he is not in their best 22 come April.

I would be staggered if Murda is not in their best 22 at the beginning of next season.

But that is seriously damning him with (very) faint praise.

In the end, it's probably going to be much harder for Jordan to get out of the Suns 'best 22' next year than it will be for him to get into it.

1Q, Josh Hunt, lot of traffic, inside D50, handball to Bartel I think, without hesitation continued forward past Bartel(and through some oppo) to receive the 1-2 and clear the 50. Beautiful, brilliant, instinctive footy.:thumbsu:

That's probably the thing we lack most at the moment I reckon - that instinctive cohesion between the players. Look at the midfield; it's packed with guns but they just don't work well enough together as a unit, which results in a lot of blind kicks out of congestion that a more cohesive midfield (say, Melbourne in the final against Geelong for example) would have cleared cleanly with a few quick handballs or shepherds or taps to advantage etc.

That's probably the thing we lack most at the moment I reckon - that instinctive cohesion between the players. Look at the midfield; it's packed with guns but they just don't work well enough together as a unit, which results in a lot of blind kicks out of congestion that a more cohesive midfield (say, Melbourne in the final against Geelong for example) would have cleared cleanly with a few quick handballs or shepherds or taps to advantage etc.

yes, very much in agreement that is an area that really needs to be addressed this off season as we bring together the new core of the team.

I just hope Murdoch keeps kicking those arssey goals against Hawthorn - and drive their supporters nuts

Like that goal he kicked just before 3/4 time in th 13 PF - actually that was a class goal - on the right foot - boundary line - 35 metres out

And then in that 86 point romp against the hapless Hawks - in the last qtr - the 11 goals straight - Murdoch - i think on the right foot again - Georgie Best soccer style - of all 11 goals kicked in the last qtr - that one of Murdas would have stung the Hawks supporters the most

I think this will be good for Murdoch. I think he could play but he's one of those players who seemed to know where he was in the pecking order and played accordingly. Bit like GHS.

I think going to the Suns would be a massive confidence boost as he's higher up up the order mentally and I think he will thrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But worse still, to have seen yearly now that he, at times, is still our most dangerous forward, and now to be delisted...
I can only hope they've told him he'll be redrafted (rookied) if no other team grabs him.
I am really saddened by this. Unless he has refused a one year deal, I can not understand this delisting.

Maybe part of it is having fewer players who present selection problems? Some of Menzel’s games suggested he was a bit lucky to be out there, and I can think of at least three and probably four more experienced players who might be struggling to make the team next year. All are staying on. (I wish at least a couple had gone early because it is going to get very unhappy very fast if they’re dropped early in 2019 ... and even more unhappy if they aren’t.

The club has hinted that Scott doesn’t necessarily handle those selection & communication situations well - although he did in his first year of coaching at Geelong. To me it makes sense that they would conclude that for Dan, where VFL is not a good option, delisting, which confines the fallout to the off-season, is better for club and person than the week by week debate if he is or is not picked.

The very first time i watched Dan's initial injury- that final vHawks, when he was in rare form - I honestly thought and commented that his injury happened way too easily, and I had the feeling it wouldn't end well. BUT - Not to imagine he would have endured 4 operations, and make the long-awaited comeback he did..
But worse still, to have seen yearly now that he, at times, is still our most dangerous forward, and now to be delisted...
I can only hope they've told him he'll be redrafted (rookied) if no other team grabs him.
I am really saddened by this. Unless he has refused a one year deal, I can not understand this delisting.

I can. Easily.

It's simple - he can't play a full season. He can't chase. He disappears in finals because he's not going to be given the ball over the top. He's also extremely selfish. And all that is without any further mishaps to his knees.

No club can afford part time footballers. Not if they have functioning brains. It's hard enough to compete without intentionally handicapping yourself (although Geelong have enthusiastically attempted it in recent years). Can't blame any club at all for passing on him. It's just not worth the risk.

You talk like we were miles off it. We finished with the best defensive record coupled with 4th best attacking record.

We were miles off it. We limped into 8th and got belted by Melbourne. If not for playing two substandard teams in the final rounds - both at Geelong - we wouldn't have even made the finals.

We were miles off it. We limped into 8th and got belted by Melbourne. If not for playing two substandard teams in the final rounds - both at Geelong - we wouldn't have even made the finals.
Had we played those 2 teams before Tigers and Hawks, who knows what sort of form/ confidence we may have had. I believe in not who, but when. Your argument is a little fallacious- we had to play them at some stage. Maybe our spot would have been guaranteed by then.
That doesn't detract from our overall poor season. And, yes, we were miles off the pace as it turned out.

Interesting that he says that he was blind side by the decision to delist him. More and better communication needed at GFC????

Interesting indeed that he could supposedly be 'blindsided' about the fact that the club wasn't that keen, given they clearly did nothing to offer him a new contract and all sorts of dialogue went on in the media about the prospects of him being traded.

I would have thought it was patently obvious to all parties by the beginning of the trade period that the club wasn't that into him.

During the week there was an article with a couple of ex players saying the suns 2019 list could be the worst ever. Some believe they will be lucky if they win more than 1 game.
And yet not a mention of that article anywhere on Bigfooty

I suppose the 3-4 suns supporters would melt again over such a thread questioning their list.

During the week there was an article with a couple of ex players saying the suns 2019 list could be the worst ever. Some believe they will be lucky if they win more than 1 game.

I'm seriously wondering what the 1 game they're 'claiming' might be. Who are they going to knock off?

Although they have troubled us in QLD before...

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back