• Yes.

Votes: 63 43.4%
  • No.

Votes: 82 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously wondering what the 1 game they're 'claiming' might be. Who are they going to knock off?

Although they have troubled us in QLD before...

:mad:

They play the Blues twice - once at Metricon & then at Marvel; maybe they think they'll win the home match

I just hope Murdoch keeps kicking those arssey goals against Hawthorn - and drive their supporters nuts

Like that goal he kicked just before 3/4 time in th 13 PF - actually that was a class goal - on the right foot - boundary line - 35 metres out

And then in that 86 point romp against the hapless Hawks - in the last qtr - the 11 goals straight - Murdoch - i think on the right foot again - Georgie Best soccer style - of all 11 goals kicked in the last qtr - that one of Murdas would have stung the Hawks supporters the most

Apparently they want him for kick ins!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You want them to tell players "We might delist you" while they are still playing games for us?

He felt blind sided probably because there had been preliminary discussions for a new contract but he then turns up to the exit interview where he’s told that he’s surplus to requirements but that they might rookie him depending on spots. Then they don’t. So he spent a month not knowing. Of course i’ve no idea!!

He felt blind sided probably because there had been preliminary discussions for a new contract but he then turns up to the exit interview where he’s told that he’s surplus to requirements but that they might rookie him depending on spots. Then they don’t. So he spent a month not knowing. Of course i’ve no idea!!

Sure. But as long as he didn't read it in the papers first, you can't say he wasn't told.

That's fair enough as a possibility.

But it hardly fits the definition of 'blindsided', in my view. It's not like the club was clamouring for his signature at one point and then suddenly pulled the pin.

Reading the signs, any player who goes into trade period without a contract for the next season (when they're undoubtedly keen to have one) is surely hard pressed to consider themselves 'a required player'.

They play the Blues twice - once at Metricon & then at Marvel; maybe they think they'll win the home match

Fact is, we all know they'll win a game somewhere along the line. Every basket-case of the modern era has done so.

But looking at their list, whoever does suffer the ignominy of being defeated by them will be seriously shaking their heads afterwards (based on the quality of players available to both sides). And that definitely includes the Tankers.

Ultimately, 'horrific' doesn't even begin to describe the 2019 Suns list for mine.

Fact is, we all know they'll win a game somewhere along the line. Every basket-case of the modern era has done so.

But looking at their list, whoever does suffer the ignominy of being defeated by them will be seriously shaking their heads afterwards (based on the quality of players available to both sides). And that definitely includes the Tankers.

Ultimately, 'horrific' doesn't even begin to describe the 2019 Suns list for mine.
I don't know. With Jordan "breaking the lines" and George's "inspiring leadership" I'd be tipping them for top 4.

That's fair enough as a possibility.

But it hardly fits the definition of 'blindsided', in my view. It's not like the club was clamouring for his signature at one point and then suddenly pulled the pin.

Reading the signs, any player who goes into trade period without a contract for the next season (when they're undoubtedly keen to have one) is surely hard pressed to consider themselves 'a required player'.

Absolutely. Jordan had his paperwork stamped if not already then certainly after the bulldogs game this year by have two ridiculous shots that missed rather than passing or even trying. Those types of shots are not even his strong suit. Also that game at the MCG when GAJ had a go at him.

I liked Murda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs were only "delusional" if they proceeded on the basis of faith, hope and charity rather than the medical evidence given to them at the time.
Did they?
Or are you just suggesting that the results of a decision are relevant to its correctness at the time it was made?
If so, the harsh reality is that you need a refresher course in elementary logic.

I say that they are delusional because they had faith, hope and charity that the medical evidence was correct, when our medical team have stuffed it up many times in the past (especially when it comes to Daniel Menzel).

Absolutely. Jordan had his paperwork stamped if not already then certainly after the bulldogs game this year by have two ridiculous shots that missed rather than passing or even trying. Those types of shots are not even his strong suit. Also that game at the MCG when GAJ had a go at him.

I liked Murda.

On the basis of missing goals and not passing the ball Dangerfield would have his paperwork stamped as well.

On the basis of missing goals and not passing the ball Dangerfield would have his paperwork stamped as well.

Pigs, he passes he’s just no good at it. His short passing has always been unreliable.

And anyway I wasn’t talking generally but rather the final straw. Menz the same. At some point patience runs out. Putting Paddy in the same ledger as murda is quite a feat.

Re Menzel:

Former Geelong forward Dan Menzel completed a medical at Sydney on Wednesday as the club continues their due diligence on the talismanic 27-year-old.

The Swans are yet to commit to Menzel who showed his desire to continue his AFL career when he interrupted a holiday in America to fly in for the regulation check-up.

Menzel has been unable to attract more than a one-year deal from the Cats in recent seasons because he has undergone four knee reconstructions in his career.

His knees are sound now but his groins gave him trouble in recent seasons with an injection to relieve the pain that went wrong restricting him to just 13 games in 2018.
Hmmm...knees are now sound? You can see how he is restricted during matches with his running, turning etc and this surely is to do with his knees.

Article link: https://outline.com/KDBUn3

And there will be a delay in hearing if the Swans are going to pick him up as a delisted free agent due to those making the decision being on holidays:

List manager Kinnear Beatson said that discussions about whether the Swans would pick up Menzel will take place when the other administrators are back from holidaus.

"The process in terms of where we go to from here is a little bit complicated in the fact that (football manager) Tom Harley, John Longmire and (head physio) Matt Cameron are all in England at the moment and the time difference makes it challenging to communicate," Beatson said.

"They've got all the information as well but we aren't in any position yet to make a call one way or the other."

Article link: https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/dan-menzel-has-reportedly-done-a-medical-at-sydney/amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back