• Yes.

Votes: 63 43.4%
  • No.

Votes: 82 56.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan has had a good start to the past couple of seasons, so maybe Dan & manager felt the offer was a little low and that based on current form at the time he would earn himself a better contract.

As it stands, his first half of the season was better than his second half where he didn't have the same level of impact & Geelong was then able to offer a 1-year deal based on his output at seasons end.
Managers. Can't deal with 'em, can't deal without 'em.

If healthy for 22 games.... he'll kick 40.

WE haven't seen him for 22 games in ............ o_O

So my guess is for a DFA its worth the cheap bucks the Swans got him on.

But he needed a new rehab room to look at too. Wish him the best and if he gets 15 games thats a massive win for Sydney.

Go Catters

Can’t understand why people think it’s some kind of conspiracy. He was clearly shoved out the door cause his body just can’t cope. It’s clear as day.

Just watch him run. Completely refused to make sharp turns cause he knows if he does his knee will collapse. He is just doing what he can to survive out there without popping another acl. He can run in straight lines, thats it.

In the modern game that is a massive hindrance. Hence no tackling and chasing.

And then there’s his groins which are shot too.

Can’t understand why people think it’s some kind of conspiracy. He was clearly shoved out the door cause his body just can’t cope. It’s clear as day.

Just watch him run. Completely refused to make sharp turns cause he knows if he does his knee will collapse. He is just doing what he can to survive out there without popping another acl. He can run in straight lines, thats it.

In the modern game that is a massive hindrance. Hence no tackling and chasing.

And then there’s his groins which are shot too.
I'm sad to see Menz leave. But we know how the story will unfold. He'll probably start with Sydney like a house on fire, but he will then get injured and/or finish the season like a car with an empty fuel tank.

Nice touch on his Insta to have Lang and Motlop in the pic.

Seriously good luck to him, was a good club man and gave it his all for us. Can’t ask for more. He gets the chance to live his dream for at least one more year - excellent for him.
Agree. A little ironic that he replaces Alex Johnson on their list

Tbh, I thought they never offered that? I thought that's what he'd been looking for, but because he wasn't offered the 2 years, he decided to look around? Had a look at some past news articles but couldn't find anything. Could be mistaken though.

They offered a two year deal to which he went looking for longer in SA, Cats responded by withdrawing offer and then made him wait before giving him a one year deal. Its all very odd. Benny Cass said that when Menz did that the Cats didn’t owe him anything anymore. Personally I think Menz had wanted out of Geel for a while but couldn’t orchestrate it. In the end they wanted him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

when you consider some of the risks these teams take not one is prepared to offer Menzel 2 years.
aka StKilda. you would think that if he was vaguely fit they would have grabbed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What chance we see Thurlow and Menzel, both as premiership players for Swans in 2019?
I'd be rapt for them.

I'd suggest a very slim chance indeed...and I am being kind.

Swans will be fortunate to make the 8, but admit they are dangerous to write off.

What chance we see Thurlow and Menzel, both as premiership players for Swans in 2019?
I'd be rapt for them.
Seems very unlikely, their midfield is shot. Not convinced Thurlow will even get near best 22 for them either.

Both likely retired before the Swans win their next one,Cats also for that matter.

LOL don't be so negative, both of our teams are in that frustrating phase of not quite being good enough at the moment, but the Bulldogs and Tigers have both shown that if a few things go right, almost any team could snatch a premiership in a given year

LOL don't be so negative, both of our teams are in that frustrating phase of not quite being good enough at the moment, but the Bulldogs and Tigers have both shown that if a few things go right, almost any team could snatch a premiership in a given year

Well said sir...well said.

If healthy for 22 games.... he'll kick 40.

WE haven't seen him for 22 games in ............ o_O

So my guess is for a DFA its worth the cheap bucks the Swans got him on.

But he needed a new rehab room to look at too. Wish him the best and if he gets 15 games thats a massive win for Sydney.

Go Catters
Well he kicked 40 in 19 games 1 season ago. I guess our issue is he seem to splutter toward the end of the last couple of seasons. Funnily enough his stats including tackling in 2016 & 2017 were mostly better than his 2011 year when we all thought a superstar was emerging (which he was). I suppose the emphasis on tackling has grown exponentially and the game is structurally different.

I must admit I thought the groin issue this year was complete bull at the time and there must be something else going on. Likewise his exclusion from the Richmond QF in 2017. That’s my cynicism in this era I suppose, both towards the league and our club. The communication is deplorable and as sincere as politicians in question time.

Except that both the Bulldogs and Richmond had lists on the younger side that had been developing for a while. Geelong and Sydney's situation is a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back