List Mgmt. Delistings post 2020 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Out of curiosity why are you so sure we will use 3 picks in the draft? If we have to give up 1 or 2 first rounders for Cameron and then a 3rd for Higgins we wont have many to use apart from late ones we get from trading Cocky, Constable, Narkle etc. Is there a rule that we have to use a certain number of picks?
3 picks is min unless you elevate a rookie as a pick

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The rule used to be that you had to use 3 picks in the start - not sure if that's changed though
We could use two IF we elevated a rookie like Close for eg with a real late pick....

but all these rule could be up for renewal... if they reduce list sizes.. they may not compel 3 picks on clubs this year

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
They like something they see.. and who they see them closer than most of us.

I'll happily concede that particularly in the pre-season he has looked very good. Quite composed and good enough disposal. The problem is he hasn't come close to translating that form into the real thing yet. He needs to start showing it in the real stuff and fast.

You may think so, but he's been emergency more times than I've had hot dinners. They clearly rate him

Next years Simpson?

I know both came through at the same time and last year it seemed Simpson was an emergency a number of times and then broke through this season

Maybe Zuthrie will be the one to break through next season if he's still on the list

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
They like something they see.. and who they see them closer than most of us.
Anyone that's played footy for any amount of time will know blokes who look great at training and inter club games but can't bring it across to the real thing I think Zuthrie might be one of those,hence not getting consecutive games when picked.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone that's played footy for any amount of time will know blokes who look great at training and inter club games but can't bring it across to the real thing I think Zuthrie might be one of those,hence not getting consecutive games when picked.

Nah, reckon he's just waiting in the queue. With Taylor gone and Hendo probably only getting 1 more, I can see Zuthrie getting games next year. He's looking A LOT bigger. One more preseason will do him well

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Next years Simpson?

I know both came through at the same time and last year it seemed Simpson was an emergency a number of times and then broke through this season

Maybe Zuthrie will be the one to break through next season if he's still on the list

I think this is right. Injuries and rest periods got Simpson his spot and retirements/change in roles will ensure he keeps it. Same with Zuthrie next year I bet

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Nah, reckon he's just waiting in the queue. With Taylor gone and Hendo probably only getting 1 more, I can see Zuthrie getting games next year. He's looking A LOT bigger. One more preseason will do him well

I don't.
I think Simpson took his opportunity with both hands and will not look back.
I also believe that unless Jordan Clark is traded, he will be getting a large portion of games.
If Zuthrie is to play midfield, he will need to impress in the practice games as Higgins, Menegola, Guthrie, Duncan, Parfitt, Selwood and Dangerfield are all ahead of him.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I'll happily concede that particularly in the pre-season he has looked very good. Quite composed and good enough disposal. The problem is he hasn't come close to translating that form into the real thing yet. He needs to start showing it in the real stuff and fast.
Would like to see him get picked on by his big brother this offseason, or take some mma lessons so he'll have some more aggressive physicality about him. If he is to play in midfield that is. :)

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Would like to see him get picked on by his big brother this offseason, or take some mma lessons so he'll have some more aggressive physicality about him. If he is to play in midfield that is. :)

I'd be in favour of the latter anyway. I know the Dogs had a wrestling coach a few years back. Just in case your conditioning wasn't insane enough.

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Like I said somewhere here in the last couple of days They never stopped pumping up Sav and Steven all year and come crunch time both were no where to be seen.

Sav will get games next year too. Steven copped some untimely injuries and should get a run next year with an uninterrupted pre-season.

I don't think 2020 is a good indicator of anyone's suitability in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back