Bumped Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if someone else has mentioned it. But I gotta say I prefer this year's technique of not dumping players the day or two after our final game. To me it shows players the respect of going through their final review, and implies we're taking a thoughtful, planned approach to the list.

Agree, additionally dumping players regardless of why = 0 value. Keeping cards close to the chest and investigate if there is any interest on the trade table, even if small is preferable from the clubs perspective in terms of value, players dignity perspective, and also for the club "look mate we tried to find you another home, but no takers"....sorry the writing is on the wall might be time to call it a day! Dumping a player is akin to the "lemon" second hand car for sale scenario, and asymmetric information. Could argue that was the case with BBB to some extent last year.

View attachment 1221677

One of the greatest movies of all time by the way ...
When this was released at the movies my dad used to work across the road from Greater Union in Russell St. Dad's work always used to get tickets to events there (we saw heaps of the big films there, ET, Return if the Jedi, Ghostbusters etc), and he came home with this glossy Howard the Duck envelope and tickets to the premiere. Dad couldn't take us as he was flying out to the USA the day of the premiere, so he got my mum to take my brother and me instead.

The day comes along, we drop dad off at Tullamarine and mum drives straight into the city for the Saturday matinee.

We stayed the whole movie and remember my mum, who isn't much of a sweater, repeatedly saying "******* hell" several times during the movie.

The following day dad called to say he had arrived in America and I could hear him yell down the line "it's a guy in a duck suit, of course it's a kids movie" as mum gave him both barrels for giving her tickets to take a 5 and 8 year old to see that film. It got even better at school pickup after my teacher heard me recounting in graphic details what I saw to all of Grade 2 at show and tell.

Howard the Duck was the last ticket we got to a Greater Union premiere.

When this was released at the movies my dad used to work across the road from Greater Union in Russell St. Dad's work always used to get tickets to events there (we saw heaps of the big films there, ET, Return if the Jedi, Ghostbusters etc), and he came home with this glossy Howard the Duck envelope and tickets to the premiere. Dad couldn't take us as he was flying out to the USA the day of the premiere, so he got my mum to take my brother and me instead.

The day comes along, we drop dad off at Tullamarine and mum drives straight into the city for the Saturday matinee.

We stayed the whole movie and remember my mum, who isn't much of a sweater, repeatedly saying "******* hell" several times during the movie.

The following day dad called to say he had arrived in America and I could hear him yell down the line "it's a guy in a duck suit, of course it's a kids movie" as mum gave him both barrels for giving her tickets to take a 5 and 8 year old to see that film. It got even better at school pickup after my teacher heard me recounting in graphic details what I saw to all of Grade 2 at show and tell.

Howard the Duck was the last ticket we got to a Greater Union premiere.

In the early VCR days, my old man brought a movie home by the name of "Gums". Mum was less than impressed. I think it lasted on for about 5 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m especially sad for Garns, had all the tools to be an absolute machine, his body just couldn’t handle it.

In retrospect, what a strange draft choice Menadue was.
Rookie list stop gap, no biggie

They were certainties those 4.

Garns is unlucky his body never held up, but we couldn’t continue to carry him. Tyson was never going to cut it.

Will had a weird run, injuries, some really good vfl/reserve form over the few years but then on other occasions he looked soft and really ordinary.

No great surprises, wish all 4 well with whatever’s next for them.

So possibly Campbell for a 1 year extension?
Seems like it if the club published an article about him this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back