Delusional Pearlers II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the bigger issue was getting so far behind in the first place you had to play catch up. For such an in depth and astute judge thats an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it.

No doubt.

We played very poorly for 50% of that game, used the ball poorly for 25% of that game, and have been very ordinary for most of this year.

However, the fact that we stormed all over Essendon (a supposed premiership contender) when the game was on the line, and cost ourselves the win after the siren, cannot be dismissed by any sober judge.

The difference between North and Essendon is 2 metres.

Incorrect. It's far less than that. It's more like 5cm... on the ladder. But I know that can seem like a long way. Richo's skinny posts theory 'n' all that.

2zpp43n.jpg

Stating the obvious, the 'difference' between two sides can't be quantified just by the games between the two clubs.

Using that logic, you could have said Essendon was better than Geelong in 2011. Or St Kilda (x2) in 2010.

The big picture is what counts.

.. In round 1, no less.

Irrespective, a one on one match up is almost irrelevant in the overall scheme of two teams' fortunes throughout an entire season (and finals, if applicable).

We dominated Collingwood for 3 quarters last year with around 10 first choice players not playing. Meant nothing when they finished 6 positions and 8 games ahead of us.

However, the fact that we stormed all over Essendon (a supposed premiership contender)

Only after the fact.

Also, Adelaide clearly was far better than Hawthorn last year, going by the same logic.

No doubt.

We played very poorly for 50% of that game, used the ball poorly for 25% of that game, and have been very ordinary for most of this year.

However, the fact that we stormed all over Essendon (a supposed premiership contender) when the game was on the line, and cost ourselves the win after the siren, cannot be dismissed by any sober judge.

So what would you make of Port Adelaide storming all over you when the game was on the line and winning?

Stating the obvious, the 'difference' between two sides can't be quantified just by the games between the two clubs.

Using that logic, you could have said Essendon was better than Geelong in 2011. Or StKilda (x2) in 2010.

The big picture is what counts.

Not really.

Norths coach is on record as stating he isn't primarily coaching to win games. He is coaching to make the side a genuine top 4 side.

I can't say I am a big fan of his philosophy.

We are better right now than we have been performing.

So what would you make of Port Adelaide storming all over you when the game was on the line and winning?

Scott promotes strict offensive possession based football.

Any club could hold up a 32 point lead with 15 minutes to go if they really wanted to do that.

Not really.

Norths coach is on record as stating he isn't primarily coaching to win games.

Any club could hold up a 32 point lead with 15 minutes to go if they really wanted to do that.

How do you astutely judge that?

As far as I'm concerned the only way to judge how well a team is playing is by their win loss ratio.

We heard Tigers posters saying "Best 1-4 side" a lot, and while it may be true, it means bugger all in the big scheme of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This supports my view beautifully.

Perhaps games against the same opposition at the same ground would be a better point of reference.

Our respective performances against Brisbane, for example.

We don't flood and play chip football to protect leads.

Like I stated, i'm not a fan of this philosophy.

As far as I am concerned, North should go out to play in the finals every year.

Not really.

Norths coach is on record as stating he isn't primarily coaching to win games. He is coaching to make the side a genuine top 4 side.

He's in his third year as coach, for crying out loud. If he isn't coaching primarily to win games, then what the hell is he doing?

And if "any side could defend a 32 point lead", yet North failed to, that is pretty damning of North's hunger- or lack there of.

Either that, or Scott has an inability to switch his side into lockdown mode.

He's in his third year as coach, for crying out loud. If he isn't coaching primarily to win games, then what the hell is he doing?

This is a question I would also like answered. He has this idea that when the side masters his game plan we will be a premiership contender.

And if "any side could defend a 32 point lead", yet North failed to, that is pretty damning of North's hunger- or lack there of.

They simply don't have the tanks to play 120 minutes of strict offensive football.

Either that, or Scott has an inability to switch his side into lockdown mode.

His ability to do that remains unknown as he doesn't even have the inclination to do it in the first place.

I am not a fan. It shits me to tears.

The real winner here is the attention seeker who has our attention.
I've come to realise that a few of the North supporters on here see it their role to stoke the fire, and "keep the rivlary alive", or keep their club relevant somehow.

They get a response out of us, so kudos.

Means nothing once I log off and think about the footy, though. North are still as much an afterthought to me as Brisbane and St Kilda are.

No doubt.

so you're just going to ignore the injuries we had from the first minutes of the game, the two on the bench for most of the game, which meant we couldn't rotate and that's why you were able to "storm home"?

Come on mate...

So what is it that the Kangaroos Football Club really wants to do then, because it's clearly not winning games.

Not by staring vainly in the mirror, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back