Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno, I still have some residual Caro appreciation from her succinct and cutting putdown of the HTB types a few weeks ago.
I must have missed that one.

I dunno, I still have some residual Caro appreciation from her succinct and cutting putdown of the HTB types a few weeks ago.
one swallow does not a summer make

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe my memory is a bit crappy but didn't Rama's comeback coincide with Ben Cousins comeback after his ban? I reckon they were pretty close if not the same round at least the following week, I remember people making the comments that we were welcoming back a hero and they were welcoming back a junkie.

FWIW the goal Rama kicks in that game is one of the best moments I've experienced at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
In fairness though, it's hard to be angry at a guy who has this at the end of his columns:
View attachment 317167

How could you not love Rudi?

CxcVUoUUsAEUSIC.jpg

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I didn't see that but I reckon I would too. I stopped listening during the "hectoring fish-wife" stages of the saga as her vitriol became too much for me.
"Hectoring fishwife" was Bruce Francis' most significant contribution to the saga.

Maybe my memory is a bit crappy but didn't Rama's comeback coincide with Ben Cousins comeback after his ban? I reckon they were pretty close if not the same round at least the following week, I remember people making the comments that we were welcoming back a hero and they were welcoming back a junkie.

FWIW the goal Rama kicks in that game is one of the best moments I've experienced at the footy.

Rama could've been anything before that campaigner of a disease got him.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Rama could've been anything before that campaigner of a disease got him.

In 2001 or 2002 I recall Hird was asked in an interview where he thought Rama would be in 3 years time and without hesitation Jimmy said he'd be among the best 5 midfielders in the comp.

The way Rama was tracking across 2000 to 2002 I have little reason to doubt Hird either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back