Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't been beaten 3 times.

We've lost 3 times.

Lost because we stuff up certain goals. Try to hit impossible passes in the middle of the ground when a player is surrounded by opponents etc etc. We get close to these teams playing 20 min of good football out of 80. Imagine if we did it for longer.

It's frustrating because we know we can be better.
"if we did all these things better that we didn't do when we were beaten, we wouldn't have been beaten!"

ainters gonna aint, right?

Scum fan on how many games they’ll win, and which ones

GWS -- win (danger)

Geelong -- loss

Filth -- win (danger)

Melbourne -- win (danger)

Sydney -- loss

Gold Coast -- win

Port Adelaide -- loss

Essendon -- win (interesting)

At the bye we should be 9-4. Worst case scenario is 6w 7l.

Geelong -- win (danger)

Richmond -- win

GWS -- loss

Bulldogs -- win (danger)

North -- win

Port -- win (danger)

Filth -- win (danger)

Hawthorn -- win

West Coast -- win

Saints -- win (danger)

We go 9-1 after the bye with a worst case scenario being 5-5

From the Norf autopsy thread vs Hawkes...

We've been incredibly unlucky with the fixture so far.

In our first six games we've had to play some top teams, some mid-table teams, and some bottom teams.

We'll only be able to truly judge where we're at when we get to play teams mathematically out of the 8 late in the season with nothing left to play for.

In our first six games we've had to play some top teams, some mid-table teams, and some bottom teams.

We'll only be able to truly judge where we're at when we get to play teams mathematically out of the 8 late in the season with nothing left to play for.
That reads like it has an enormous dose of sarcasm

tbf North's first part of the draw was rough for a side where they're at

GWS (7th) Away
Fremantle (14th) Home
Carlton (5th) Home
Brisbane (2nd) Away
Geelong (12th) Away
Hawthorn (16th) Home

So 3 x Finalists, two of them away. Geelong in Geelong. All obviously rough games.

Then Freo and Hawks would have been their 'easier' games.

It's a bit like us in 2022, the opening month had a lot of tough games, and the beltings meant we'd lost all confidence by the time we had any winnable ones.

tbf North's first part of the draw was rough for a side where they're at

GWS (7th) Away
Fremantle (14th) Home
Carlton (5th) Home
Brisbane (2nd) Away
Geelong (12th) Away
Hawthorn (16th) Home

So 3 x Finalists, two of them away. Geelong in Geelong. All obviously rough games.

Then Freo and Hawks would have been their 'easier' games.

It's a bit like us in 2022, the opening month had a lot of tough games, and the beltings meant we'd lost all confidence by the time we had any winnable ones.
it doesn’t get any better for them either- i’ve had a look at the fixture and every single match is against someone higher on the ladder than them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fractured my jaw from it dropping & hitting table....from North's Trade & List Mgt thread...

Players I would target for the defensive mid role would be:

Finn Callaghan - however asking price from GWS would be too high, if we give him a more permanent midfield role and off of the wing it may tempt him in. Would allow rotations such as Phillips mid-def, Mckercher mid-wing, and Powell mid-fwd. He fits the age profile we need.

Marcus Bontempelli - this would only happen if he loses faith in the direction of the dogs and maybe wants to help build up a young team. Probably not going to happen though.

Jack Macrae - This may happen for a trade of a pick and some salary handshakes between the Roos and Dogs. He would add a bit of experience. Seems he is sort of in limbo at times in the dog's lineup.

Clayton Oliver - I am hot on this one, as he is best mates with Simpkin and maybe wants to move on from Melbourne. However, hard to read as he seems to want to focus on getting back in form so no talk of trades this early on.

I listed down some big targets, as I think we should avoid just getting C and D-grade talent who are just looking to retire with fat pay cheques. If we can't get a big-name player to come into the midfield then probably use our draft and trade hand to get better talent in the defensive or forward areas

Fractured my jaw from it dropping & hitting table....from North's Trade & List Mgt thread...

Finn Callaghan - however asking price from GWS would be too high, if we give him a more permanent midfield role and off of the wing it may tempt him in. Would allow rotations such as Phillips mid-def, Mckercher mid-wing, and Powell mid-fwd. He fits the age profile we need.

Marcus Bontempelli - this would only happen if he loses faith in the direction of the dogs and maybe wants to help build up a young team. Probably not going to happen though.

Jack Macrae - This may happen for a trade of a pick and some salary handshakes between the Roos and Dogs. He would add a bit of experience. Seems he is sort of in limbo at times in the dog's lineup.

Clayton Oliver - I am hot on this one, as he is best mates with Simpkin and maybe wants to move on from Melbourne. However, hard to read as he seems to want to focus on getting back in form so no talk of trades this early on.

I listed down some big targets, as I think we should avoid just getting C and D-grade talent who are just looking to retire with fat pay cheques. If we can't get a big-name player to come into the midfield then probably use our draft and trade hand to get better talent in the defensive or forward areas

Macrae might be doable if he wants back in a full-time midfield role and he's already got a Premiership.

Bont and Oliver though, ooh boy.

it's this level of delusion that gives me life. there's a reason no one who's decent wants to end up at norf

it's this level of delusion that gives me life. there's a reason no one who's decent wants to end up at norf
It's going to be interesting if they only win a couple of games this year, how many want out. They start to see the likes of McKay and Goldy being part of winning teams (even if we only win say 8 for the year will be miles better than Norf), JHF having walked away, Reid having dodged a bullet and making an impact, FAs not wanting to go there (Norf had thousands of posts how Kelly was going to leave GWS to go there). If one or two young players want out, then the hole they are in just gets deeper and deeper. And the promised land that Clarkson offered, seems like a deserted island. And 17 clubs are all over their young talent trying to get them to move. Hard to build from all that. They desperately need to win some games to provide some hope not just to their supporters but players and potential players. It genuinely is pretty grim there.

It genuinely is pretty grim there.
Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

North having to play teams above them is like saying Geelong have only beaten the bottom teams and aren't much of an unbeaten team as they haven't even played the other unbeaten teams.
thanks Kingy

Alister Clarkson talking about LDU speculation.

“We’ll be doing everything we can, just like we did with Ben (McKay), to try to get them to stay, but if they choose to go, that’s the (AFLPA) brief"

So they'll push him out the door for the draft pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back