Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond’s overconfidence will be their downfall in 2018, and I am looking forward to watching it unravel.
Why does something a Richmond fan says have anything to do with how their team will perform?

I suppose it doesn’t? The fans aren’t the only ones drinking the Kool Aide though, their club are lapping up their own bs too.

Why does it matter?
All I've seen from the club is that they've been working hard to not do a Bulldogs. Do you honestly think Peggy would let them drink their own bathwater after what happened in 2016?

All I've seen from the club is that they've been working hard to not do a Bulldogs. Do you honestly think Peggy would let them drink their own bathwater after what happened in 2016?
To be honest, I don’t care what she would or wouldn’t let them do.

Tigers are well within their right to be on their high horse, but I truly believe they’re not as good as they think they are.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-most-average-player-ever.1183615/page-13

Hawthorne goose throws up Jobe Watson's name in the most average player ever thread.

Yep.
The hate people have for Watson on this site is hilarious. Putting 2012 aside, 90% of the posters on this site forget he was leading the Brownlow in 2011 and 2013 up until he got injured. Players like Heppell, Hurley and Hooker are far better now than in 2012, yet it's Jobe that cops the "he was only good for one year because of the drugs" line

Richmond’s overconfidence will be their downfall in 2018, and I am looking forward to watching it unravel.
I don't think Richmond are as bad as a lot of people think they are. The players love Dimma. Many of them as individuals aren't stars but they play their roles and the team works when it's on. It's good to see a club not give in to media speculation and instead support their coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I don’t care what she would or wouldn’t let them do.

Tigers are well within their right to be on their high horse, but I truly believe they’re not as good as they think they are.

Same - lightning won't strike twice for Richmond. I think they will battle hard but it will be back to reality in 2018.

Last edited:
This bloke on Facebook:

QUESTION

Who will finish higher on the ladder?

Hawthorn or Essendon?

We say the Hawks, before 2017 they were the best side of the last 10 years, and had HEAPS of injuries in 2017, to Cyril Rioli, James Frawley, Ben Stratton, Grant Birchall, Jaeger O'Meara etc and with all them in the one team will be VERY dangerous.

Yes Hodgey and Gibbo will be big losses but have heaps of replacement players in the back half.

We also have the Hawks reaching the Top 8 form everyone knows they can get to and showed that late in the season.

Port Adelaide supporter.

spainish-salt-102-22_600x600.jpg

It's likely their team isn't as unbelievably deluded as their fans.

I don't think Richmond are as bad as a lot of people think they are. The players love Dimma. Many of them as individuals aren't stars but they play their roles and the team works when it's on. It's good to see a club not give in to media speculation and instead support their coach.

Agree. I know it is a bit captain obvious but IMO it just comes down to attitude as they already have the buy in with Dimma. It will be hard to keep up their game style but it not being over complicated it gives them a chance.

The age profile thread on the main board is quite amusing for the Hawks to.

They have 7 best 22 29+. This is for a side that finished well off the pace in 2017 but will somehow be fine moving forward and essentially its because "player x" in the VFL or "hyped up youngster y" will just seamlessly slot in and play at the same high level other players previously have.

Also laughed at someone saying Roughead had 3+ years left in him. The bloke will be 31 in 2018, his comeback from cancer was one of the feel good stories of 2017 but he wasn't the same player he was at the end of 2015. He is declining and another 3 years is laughable.

Last edited:
The age profile thread on the main board is quite amusing for the Hawks to.

They have 7 best 22 29+. This is for a side that finished well off the pace in 2017 but will somehow be fine moving forward and essentially its because "player x" in the VFL or hyped up younger y will just seamlessly slot in and play at the same high level other players previously have.

Also laughed at someone saying Roughead had 3+ years left in him. The bloke will be 31 in 2018, his comeback from cancer was one of the feel good stories of 2017 but he wasn't the same player he was at the end of 2015. He is declining and another 3 years is laughable.

But Bonce, you're missing the point.

Because Hawthorn.

I'm genuinely not sure whether to be giddy, or quite seriously worried about what is actually going to happen at that club over the next 2-3 years.

Their list is complete garbage, and at some point this ludicrous belief that it'll turn 'because Hawthorn' will vanish in a near instant and they will do what they have ALWAYS done and abandon their club in droves.

I mean we use delusional as a bit of a throwaway line, but consider what you've seen over the last eighteen months.

We saw;

- a thread that spoke with absolute certainty about the big fish the Hawks would inevitably grab at the end of 2017. Of course, it didn't happen (because why in gods name would you want to play for a club likely to get beat up on most weeks for the next few years), and they replace it with another one talking with absolute certainty about the big fish they'll inevitably grab at the end of 2018...

Derp.

- a lesson in medicine, telling us how easily the great Hawthorn medicos would fix Jaegars issues. Nek minnit, he can't get on the bloody field, but oh no, they weren't wrong, a wizard did it, or some s**t...

Derp derp.

They've shown a complete failure in leadership when their totally unprepared Board failed to have any succession planning in place, and they desperately tried to re-live the glory days by reappointing a man WELL past his use by date in footy terms.

That club is a joke. The fact that its supporter base doesn't see it is either friggin hilarious, or downright sad - possibly both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back