Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

The old “never taken responsibility” line is always my favorite delusional pearler. He took responsibilty AT THE FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE.

Indeed.

Had he been willing to accept even a smidgen of personal responsibility for what he did at Essendon, I'd feel pretty reasonable about him coming on in some sort of role.

But the bloke drove his club into the ground, took the money and ran. No thanks.

Accepted responsibility like this yeah:

“I should have known more, I should have done more when the opportunity came and I feel extremely guilty for that and bad for that and I can only apologise for that. I made decisions in real time that in hindsight I think were wrong.’’

But don't let facts get in the way.

The old “never taken responsibility” line is always my favorite delusional pearler. He took responsibilty AT THE FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE.

After trying to make this point, I have now been threadbanned. My dual loyalties apparently don't extend to being an impartial judge between the two.

Thankfully one of my posts is still up, presumably because other Fremantle fans managed to get in and agree with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The continued obsession from the nuftie Figbooty opposition supporters with what did or did not happen at our club six years ago is more reflective of their flawed character than anything else these days. Hird is not a criminal and has not been charged with anything. If only they could get as passionate and indignant about our country’s treatment of asylum seekers...

But but but Clarko has said it’s ok for Hird to come back to the AFL

Clarko obviously doesn't subscribe to Big Footy then.....Or maybe he just has a greater capacity for forgiveness & moving on.....Or possibly a finer appreciation for VFL/AFL history?

Jimmy's Grand-dad Allan Hird (1918-2007), actually began his VFL career at Hawthorn in 1938-1939 (14 games), prior to crossing to Essendon in 1940. Where he played in 3 grand finals 1941-1943 off a half back flank, which included a premiership in 1942; Before finishing there in 1945 (102 games). He finished up at St.Kilda in 1946-1947 (38 games) for a grand total of 154 games spread across some 10 VFL seasons.

Be interesting to find out the circumstances for his departure to the Bombers back in 1940....Was he pushed out the door, or did he seek greener pastures at a more successful club?....He certainly found that by playing in finals from 1940-1944; under the tutelage of the great Dick Reynolds.

The continued obsession from the nuftie Figbooty opposition supporters with what did or did not happen at our club six years ago is more reflective of their flawed character than anything else these days. Hird is not a criminal and has not been charged with anything. If only they could get as passionate and indignant about our country’s treatment of asylum seekers...

Or even about their own foibles, of which we all have many.

Be interesting to find out the circumstances for his departure to the Bombers back in 1940....Was he pushed out the door, or did he seek greener pastures at a more successful club?....
Maybe he didn't like needles and didnt want to be involved in 'leading the way in injection science?' ;)

In all seriousness, good post and must admit i didn't know the hird name had once been (very briefly) associated/stained with hfc.

Maybe he didn't like needles and didnt want to be involved in 'leading the way in injection science?' ;)

In all seriousness, good post and must admit i didn't know the Hird name had once been (very briefly) associated/stained with hfc.

Believe it or not, Alan Hird actually played seasons 1938-1939 alongside of Leo Murphy....The grand-father of Carlton's current captain Mark Murphy & father of John Murphy, who played at Fitzroy....Leo won our B & F twice in 1936 & 1937 over an 11 year 132 game career; Stretching from 1930-1940.

They remain the only 3 generations of grandfather, father & son to have all played over 100 games of VFL/AFL football....Though young Silvagni will no doubt join them in a few years. And likely your very own Fletcher after that.

Here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dd7bb74ed?sv=352f388bea7d267a293d1b756d4a8dfd

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/op...s/news-story/95d3fe35fadfff916e68d4ffb4bbfc63

They remain the only 3 generations of grandfather, father & son to have all played over 100 games of VFL/AFL football....Though young Silvagni will no doubt join them in a few years. And likely your very own Fletcher after that.
The Fletch's already average over 200 games across the 3 generations :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back