Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I really haven't seen many examples, but then I don't really take notice of footy media much anyway. It's all a product of an over-inflated industry with too many s**t truck journalists with not enough to talk about.

So what do they do? Create fluff to justify their own existence.

I think you're confusing footy media with the media in general. I'm old enough to remember when the news was, you know, news. Not how many outfit's Pippa ******* Middleton's guests were expected to wear to the wedding.

I think it's fair to say the last two weeks might have led to a teensy bit of media hype.
Not really.

I've heard more about Geelong having only 14 tackles in the first half then I have about our pressure.

And more about West Coast's Melbourne woes then our performance.

If we beat Richmond, then it'll be all about Richmond going from 5-0 to 5-5, Dimma etc.

I like it to be honest

I think you're confusing footy media with the media in general. I'm old enough to remember when the news was, you know, news. Not how many outfit's Pippa ******* Middleton's guests were expected to wear to the wedding.
No, I meant footy media.

Some parasite like Barrett doesn't last in an environment that is quality-demanding, not muck-demanding.

No, I meant footy media.

Some parasite like Barrett doesn't last in an environment that is quality-demanding, not muck-demanding.
I s**t you not Doss, there is no media left that does not employ parasites like Barrett in the mix. Quality media nowadays is defined by the ratio, rather than the existence of said parasites. :(

We all know that as soon as they string a few good weeks together the vitriol around perceived 'soft' penalties for ASAGA will come up again.
My head wounds are still healing from the last time I tried explaining the facts to someone.

Not really.

I've heard more about Geelong having only 14 tackles in the first half then I have about our pressure.

And more about West Coast's Melbourne woes then our performance.

If we beat Richmond, then it'll be all about Richmond going from 5-0 to 5-5, Dimma etc.

I like it to be honest
TBH didn't watch your last two weeks. I'm amazed you beat the Cats, less so the Eagles. But you're right. Beat us and it'll be all about Dimma's head being on the block and us going backwards at a rate of knots. Footy journalism loves blood in the water.

Edit: Must apologise to Doss, on reflection footy journalism is a special type of cancer after all.

TBH didn't watch your last two weeks. I'm amazed you beat the Cats, less so the Eagles. But you're right. Beat us and it'll be all about Dimma's head being on the block and us going backwards at a rate of knots. Footy journalism loves blood in the water.
That's it in a nutshell, and no team is immune (except maybe Brisbane right now?) from it.

Edit: Must apologise to Doss, on reflection footy journalism is a special type of cancer after all.
Don't worry, we'll fill you in on Saturday night ;)

That's it in a nutshell, and no team is immune (except maybe Brisbane right now?) from it.

New coach always = immunity (unless you made an insane choice like Tim Watson)

Starts to wane next year.

It's a good stat when used in the right context and comparing like for like players. Comparing an inside mid to an outside mid or even half back flanker is dumb.
Yah mon, better stat to assess Mitchell would be "assisted metres gained" (metres gained by the teammates he's passing to) which he leads the comp in.

Richmond are very actively involved behind the scenes in arranging his Father to be allowed back to Australia and based on how things are going, He should be back by Christmas.
Seriously.

The idea that a football club is able to actively pull strings with the immigration department is laughable. I can tell you right now what they'd say if Richmond rang up trying to influence them.

Seriously.

The idea that a football club is able to actively pull strings with the immigration department is laughable. I can tell you right now what they'd say if Richmond rang up trying to influence them.

I'd say it would be more likely funding some legal types that can work out how to make it occur, than actively leaning on immigration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Forum > Dustin Martin Thread. A poster said with relation to Essendon being interested in him:
Someone should blow that ****in joint up.

I'd like to think that given the latest events in the world, stupid s**t like this wouldn't get posted online. What a ******* disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richmond Forum > Dustin Martin Thread. A poster said with relation to Essendon being interested in him:

I'd like to think that given the latest events in the world, stupid s**t like this wouldn't get posted online. What a ******* disgrace.

That's more at home in the "Monstrous Imbecility IV" thread

What a ******* moron.

Zaka was probably in our best ten players. He ain't getting dropped and nor should he be.
Does that really deserve a direct post in here however? Bit uncalled for to ridicule our own for a different opinion isnt it?

i'd prefer if people thought before they posted.

Was always gonna happen. So many confident people saying richmond are trash and we would thump them all week. Totally undeserved arrogance.

Same people throwing their toys out of the cot. Again after a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back