Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
List demographics are one thing, but which young players are looking like *maybe* becoming A-graders outside of McGrath, Ridley and Draper?

Essendon traded away most of it's draft collateral over the past few years to obtain Shiel, Smith, Saad and Stringer, so they've largely been selecting from the later rounds from 2017-2019. Excluding the 2020 draft pool, who haven't had the opportunity to play a game to gauge their value, Essendon's young players look no better or worse than most teams.

Tbh I'd take Worpel, Day, Scrimshaw and Lewis over the guys I've listed above.
Oh dear, a well renowned Essendon hater has probably gone a bit far on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Mitch Lewis couldn't get a game ahead of Jon Patton and Tim O'Brien last year. O'Brien is one of the worst key forwards in league history.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Entire Carlton Board is full of delusional pearlers, amazing considering their recent history.
The obsession with counting down our days since winning a final is really weird.

I mean, sure we’ve failed to achieve anything g but they’ve reset 3 times and still done nothing.

I mean a for effort but really really delusional

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
The obsession with counting down our days since winning a final is really weird.

I mean, sure we’ve failed to achieve anything g but they’ve reset 3 times and still done nothing.

I mean a for effort but really really delusional

It's literally the cheapest kind of troll dickheads use to rile up Bomber supporters. It's not even worth being bothered by. Let their tiny minds have it.

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
It's literally the cheapest kind of troll dickheads use to rile up Bomber supporters. It's not even worth being bothered by. Let their tiny minds have it.
It's mostly just sad how fixated they are on the fortunes of another club, to the point that they've got a very large thread dedicated to a single club on their own board.

Probably says a lot about how poor Carlton have been that they've long since disengaged with any actual on-field success of their own club.

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
It's mostly just sad how fixated they are on the fortunes of another club, to the point that they've got a very large thread dedicated to a single club on their own board.

Probably says a lot about how poor Carlton have been that they've long since disengaged with any actual on-field success of their own club.
Probably, but again I don't think about Carlton really ever (until we play them of course).

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon

Hardly the only club board with a thread dedicated to another club though. I'm just glad we don't have one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11kgm

Premium Platinum
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd
I still remember a hawthorn supporter turning up at a fancy dress party in an essendon shirt with plastic syringes hanging off them

Remove this Banner Ad