Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Was searching Hooker to read what opposition posters thought of his retirement and came across this absolute gem

For those who can’t be bothered reading highlights are:

- Laverde playing unaccountable 3rd tall next to Hurley and Stewart.

- Cox/Perkins/Jones are overhyped

- McGrath will always be a B grade wingman

- Ridley doesn’t exist

- Draper is too “distractable” not even sure that’s a word

There’s plenty more.
Lmao. I see they're taking our season well.

Not fast or agile either :drunk:

I’m on the fence whether he can put it all together seeing as he has struggled to find the ball but Jones has all the skills and physical tools to be a star of the competition.
Thing is as a key forward he doesn't have to find much more of the pill. As that post rightly pointed out (one of the few things) is he average 1.3 goals a game. He gets another kick or 2 and pushes that up to 1.5-2.0 a games that's good enough for the next couple of seasons.

Was searching Hooker to read what opposition posters thought of his retirement and came across this absolute gem

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
hahahaha. I think this poor person might need a reminder that AFL is a team sport. If your players are all stars that singlehandedly win games without any support from their teammates (and in their first year in the AFL, or in a new position no less), that's a problem, not a goal to strive for.

And looking at how they've been recruiting and their game plan... I'd say that's exactly their problem.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Thing is as a key forward he doesn't have to find much more of the pill. As that post rightly pointed out (one of the few things) is he average 1.3 goals a game. He gets another kick or 2 and pushes that up to 1.5-2.0 a games that's good enough for the next couple of seasons.

Yeah I agree but watching Jones fly over packs and kick miracle snap goals I think he has the potential upside to be a do it all gun capable of dominating all over the ground. That being said I expect his median outcome to be a very very good CHF.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
hahahaha. I think this poor person might need a reminder that AFL is a team sport. If your players are supposed to all be stars that singlehandedly win games without any support from their teammates (and in their first year in the AFL, or in a new position no less), that's a problem, not a goal to strive for.

And looking at how they've been recruiting and their game plan... I'd say that's exactly their problem.

I just don’t understand how someone who obviously hasn’t watched us play at all this year could be bothered writing out such a long analysis?

I mean naming Hurley, Smith and Stewart as our best player and claiming Laverde is playing as a loose 3rd tall just isn’t close to being true.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
I wish you’d put the synopsis at the start of the thesis.

Not fast or agile either :drunk:

I’m on the fence whether he can put it all together seeing as he has struggled to find the ball but Jones has all the skills and physical tools to be a star of the competition.
Here's the thing though, the knock on Jones as a junio was that he didn't kick enough goals. He was getting plenty of the ball at NAB League level. I'm not worried about that aspect at all, he will develop that side of the game.

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
So much going on here. One thing I’ll point out is that second tier group they’ve come up with is just weird. Maybe I’m only thinking this because they’ve put Dylan Clarke on the same level as Andy McGrath...

And "Snelling is Newnes but shitter" is weird. Snelling gets less of the ball but is a much better pressure player, whereas Newnes is a soft, unaccountable winger.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
the counter hype to Cox i find amusing
1st year player, starts strong, fades & everyone is calling him over-rated.

anyways, it's fine. i think they're just upset we didn't finish bottom 2 like we were supposed to.

For a kid coming off an interrupted U18 year in his first year of AFL as a bit of a unique prospect, he's done quite nicely.
Jackson was much the same last year.

And "Snelling is Newnes but shitter" is weird. Snelling gets less of the ball but is a much better pressure player, whereas Newnes is a soft, unaccountable winger.
They don't value defence at Carlton any more than they value team work...

the entire carlton board is *in A+ right now.

What an utter pack of dimwits.

All year they have been talking how much better their list is, how better their prospects are. hahahha

we have done a 1 year re build and have built a better side than they have had in 20 odd years - with several first round picks.

they are nearing on Norf status.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
the entire carlton board is fu**in A+ right now.

What an utter pack of dimwits.

All year they have been talking how much better their list is, how better their prospects are. hahahha

we have done a 1 year re build and have built a better side than they have had in 20 odd years - with several first round picks.

they are nearing on Norf status.
Carlton are suns level of laughing stock.

North at least have talent on their list, just very young.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
So much effort in that post, so much salt, to be be so far off the mark. About an opposition club. Essendon must be consuming a lot of real estate in that poor blues head.

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
11.png

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.
Thank F you summarised! 🤣

- Ridley doesn’t exist

There’s plenty more.

Proof that some posters that are normally pretty reasonable lose all objectivity when discussing football teams that hate.

Forget the rest of the word salad, the fact they open by calling Hurley one of our top players this year despite not playing a single game shows how little they actually know.

Back