Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't post here much anymore but I did laugh at this. From the Saints board.

I was at the pub watching the Bombers on the telly, warming up on the ground during the pre game. They all seemed to be laughing, somewhat abnormally, to each other.

Then at the ground, each Bomber player that came to the bench was giggling or cackling. Even in the first half when they were being beaten.

It was very weird and I have no doubt there is something afoot. Perhaps a mixture of laughing gas, steroids or some other PEDs.

If the AFL is going to turn a blind eye to this then we can only hope WADA come in over the top and catch these laughing, cheating idiots.

Don’t worry; the 4 points aren’t lost just yet
emoji848.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is delusional pearlers, not accurate statements.
Let me guess - a Richmond cheer squad leader stole your missus.

Cos c’mon man, we’re talking Carlolton and Hawthorne here. Richmond were the epitome of ‘meh’ for the most part of your life.

Let me guess - a Richmond cheer squad leader stole your missus.

Cos c’mon man, we’re talking Carlolton and Hawthorne here. Richmond were the epitome of ‘meh’ for the most part of your life.
I didn't say I'd support Carlton or Hawthorne over them. I said it would still suck. Which it would, it'd just suck more if the other two won.

Nah, Richmond fans have always annoyed me. Can't stand em.

Dawks board,

Surely one day we have to get lucky and our opponents don't bang them from everywhere. 17.5 and 17.4 in the 1st 3 weeks

Sick of this ongoing trope.

Dawks fan seems to think scoring is based on luck and isn't a skill execution. News flash, not being accurate in a game is a skill error the same way not landing a mark is, or giving off a terrible handball and turning it over. Coleman's aren't won because that player was lucky (something that doesn't exist) the whole year, they're won because they executed their accuracy better than others.

Other things a nuffie don't seem to take into consideration is the angle of which the opposing team has made them take their shots from, how hard it was to earn said shot/the effect on the kick, and how many behinds were rushed. If you ever want to find someone with a smooth brain who knows nothing about footy just look for the one who says "durr we missed so we should've won durr".

Last edited:
Dawks board,

Sick of this ongoing trope.

Dawks fan seems to think scoring is based on luck and isn't a skill execution. News flash, not being accurate in a game is a skill error the same way not landing a mark is, or giving off a terrible handball and turning it over. Coleman's aren't won because that player was lucky the whole year, they're won because they executed their accuracy better than others.

Other things nuffies don't seem to take into consideration is the angle of which the opposing team has made them take their shots from, how hard it was to earn said shot/the effect on the kick, and how many behinds were rushed. If you ever want to find someone with a smooth brain who knows nothing about footy just look for the one who says "durr we missed so we should've won durr".
They're currently on the mainboard saying if you take away the losses and opposition there is a lot to like about them.

Yep, people getting their knickers in a knot over a common term is just amazing to me. I still use the term regularly amongst friends in private as a term of endearment but also to pull the piss out of the same people - in saying this it never has in my mind a connotation of a persons sexual leaning, it's just a dumb slur.

As a society we have gone too far and should be focusing on real issues rather than tiny little things like this.
admitting to be playfully homophobic in defence of an average footballer is something else jesus

For all we know, the Dons player said something disgusting such as he hopes something horrible happens to the missus due to her well publicised condition? In which case, Jez should have knocked him into next December.
There's literally no evidence of this. There is evidence of Finlayson using a homophobic slur

despicable stuff, even worse when he’s admitted that he did it too.

i get being like a super fan but defending s**t like this is pathetic
Finlayson admitted he was wrong, self reported and apologised. I give him credit for that.

Well considering it was caught on a mike what else was going to do? Stand by his comment and tell everyone to gagf? Guy is a grub.
He reported before he knew that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back