Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

No denying he is a freak, but I was utterly floored at the amount of Richmond supporters putting him ahead of Scarlett a few weeks after the grand final.

I can understand supporters overrating their players, but Jesus ******* Christ
What do you mean after?

I blame Bruce for people holding Rance up so high.

Don't get me wrong, he is an outstanding defender and certainly up with the best of them, but for people to be saying he is GOAT are just Richmond supporters, and we all know they share a single brain cell between 75,000 of them.

It's funny listening to people give Rance high praise while back in the day Fletcher was being told makes him unaccountable.

Rance takes 2nd, 3rd best forward so he can cover more contests
2017 commentry " Geeez Rnce is so good at spoiling so many contests, isn't he special"
Fletch takes 2nd or 3rd best forward so he can cover more contests
1997 commentary "Fletcher doesn't man up on the best defender, it's really not a great look"

I don't blame Rance, I blame those with a voice and the sheep that follow their every word.
Fletcher redefined the role of the best key defender. It was so unusual at the time that the commentary was almost saying that he was cheating by not taking the best key forward. Instead Fletch went from very good shutdown player to extremely dangerous weapon attacking from defensive 50 whilst still influencing contest after contest. The Rances, Scarletts, Hurleys, have all been able to play with less accountability since whilst being lauded for it because Fletch led the way.

Players who redefine roles should be held in very high regard. Remembering, of course, that Fletch was being tagged a long time before Rance.

I also think that Richmond supporters have very little context to apply when assessing Rance. This is the first time they've watched a top defender week-in-week-out. Who do they really have to compare him with? Gaspar? Scott Turner? Paul Bullus? Um, no...

The dopers and their supporters might wish to "put four years of scandal behind" them but it would appear there are some of us who are not so forgiving or blinded by the media campaigns. Cheating through an institutionalised drug regime is not, and never will be, a "supplements saga."

lel, the outrage of our Super Club status is growing steadfast.

5.1mill from finishing 8th and not winning a final since 2004, imagine when we start winning finals.

Came here for accusations of us cooking the books, am a little bit disappoint
That happened after last years annual report.

Or, is that’sthejoke.jpeg?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...the-bull-part-2.1158709/page-70#post-53494452

**** I'm loving this thread right now.

It's just so... angsty...

Post after post of anger and resentment poorly masked as a joke.

You can just see it:

"Hurr hurr, I bet the AFL donated dem funds to da Bombers", but absolutely lathered in a whiny begging request for someone to PLEASE tell them this isn't real life.
let us keep in mind they are only 2 years out from a 3peat....and have a thread dedicated to us.

inferiority complex much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let us keep in mind they are only 2 years out from a 3peat....and have a thread dedicated to us.

inferiority complex much?

Their inferiority complex will get a whole lot worse in twelve months - support dries up quickly at Hawthorn in the face of tough times; they'll be declaring themselves a middle-tier club by the end of 2018.

Their inferiority complex will get a whole lot worse in twelve months - support dries up quickly at Hawthorn in the face of tough times; they'll be declaring themselves a middle-tier club by the end of 2018.
Burton & Jaeger will save them....im sure of it.
Part of the Clarko masterplan. like getting Vickery to preserve some salary cap space for 2 years until the best FA's are free to top them up for another 3 flags.
Im sad Docherty went down. I have a standing bet that Carlton will go past the Hawks in 2018.
Praying Curnow and Cripps stay fit.

Burton & Jaeger will save them....im sure of it.
Part of the Clarko masterplan. like getting Vickery to preserve some salary cap space for 2 years until the best FA's are free to top them up for another 3 flags.
Im sad Docherty went down. I have a standing bet that Carlton will go past the Hawks in 2018.
Praying Curnow and Cripps stay fit.

You're still a very live chance - Hawthorn's list is garbage.

Do you mean their best 22 or their lack of up and coming talent? I would have thought their best 22 is still pretty solid.

Is it?

Tom Mitchell is a top shelf midfielder, but very much an extractor - if he has to do the damage as well he's next to useless. Outside of him, who do they have running through their midfield that looks even moderately threatening? Smith? Shiels? Solid players, hardly threatening in their own right.

Burgoyne? Sure... really holding on to him aren't they?

I can sit here and go through every line, but honestly I can't be stuffed doing it again this year. That list is total garbage, and it's best 22 is at absolute best, average.

The Hawks 2016 crop could potentially go down as the best ever in the clubs history in terms of depth plus ability.

Tom Michell (BNF)

Jaeger O`Meara (Brownlow votes Rnd 22)

Ty Vickery (Retired)

Ricky Henderson (Best 22 2017)

Conor Nash (Irish, mainly injured).

Harry Morrison (Debut)

Mitchel Lewis

Ollie Hanrahan (Contract Extended)

Jack Fitzpatrick (Retired)

James Cousins (Debut, Contract Extended)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back