Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, I'm past it well and truly.
But if it means some AFL (past/present) cop it, then that's a great result!
The team will continue getting on with business as usual.
BTW How's Andy traveling?
Wasn't his business in the sh_t? Bankrupt?

Last year Essendon won 28% of the games he played and 67% of the games he missed. Over his career, the figures are 37% and 65%.
I appreciate that these figured are exagerated by Essendon's unique approach to player welfare. But, has there ever been a player who has had such a damaging effect on his club's performance?
RE: Daniher XD

Were people taking a dig at a bloke who has cancer? I seriously hope not, as that's absolutely disgusting.

Yeah but it got the response it deserved. Universal disgust and the thread was closed.

Will happily admit that I would have liked Scully at Essendon. However don't know if we'd fit him under the cap.
Would you prefer him to Shiel?

Did him going to Hawthorn cut you to the core?

Koopa

Senior List
Jan 6, 2018
Spiral Mountain
AFL Club
Essendon
Were people taking a dig at a bloke who has cancer? I seriously hope not, as that's absolutely disgusting.

I know its the interwebz and all, but its amazing how low people can go and it makes you think how they carry themselves in real life. Especially trivialising something like that which many people have in some way been affected by.

The great irony is they are making up fairytales as to why Shiel isn't a (Because) Hawthorne player right now.

Funny that, I heard from a source at a club that Scully and a big defensive fish wanted to come to Ess, but Ess were committed to Shiel and could not fit those two in.

Shiel not choosing the Hawks isn't a bad reflection on Hawthorn as a club, it happens, players make decisions. Everyone has pretty much moved on except some ignorant Figbooty Hawks fans. Amazing how far people will go to save meaningless internet cred. The hubris is real.

I know its the interwebz and all, but its amazing how low people can go and it makes you think how they carry themselves in real life. Especially trivialising something like that which many people have in some way been affected by.

Funny that, I heard from a source at a club that Scully and a big defensive fish wanted to come to Ess, but Ess were committed to Shiel and could not fit those two in.

Shiel not choosing the Hawks isn't a bad reflection on Hawthorn as a club, it happens, players make decisions. Everyone has pretty much moved on except some ignorant Figbooty Hawks fans. Amazing how far people will go to save meaningless internet cred. The hubris is real.

Correct.

Scully had elected to go to Essendon, however once we’d got a commitment from Shiel, we couldn’t fit him in, so he went to his second choice, the Hawks.

The peanut on the cricket board suggesting Smith won't be straight back into the national team. There is more chance of Doss enjoying a nice warm slab of VB than there is Smith not being first picked when his ban expires.

Back