Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein is on the decline, Nic Nat's averages were never that much better than TBell and who knows how he will go after all his injuries and Sandi is another on the decline who offers nothing forward or with the ball.
Yeah I get that, I still think all their best is better than Bellchambers best. Don't get me wrong Belcho is far from a spud nowadays, I just don't think he deserves to be in that conversation

Top yeah maybe a stretch though, Ryder and McEvoy are also very good.
Add in Stef Martin + Nankervis and possibly Mumford or Kreuzer depending on how they come back this year.

I'd put TBC on the next level after that with Witts/Jacobs/Sinclair

Top 5 yeah maybe a stretch though, Ryder and McEvoy are also very good.
Bellchambers shits on McEvoy from a great height.

AFL Player Ratings ranked Bellchambers as the 7th best ruckman in the league last year. Grundy and Gawn were the top two, ahead of NicNat (when fit). There was not a great deal of difference between the 4th best ranked ruckman (Goldstein) and the 10th best ranked ruckman (Ryder), with Bellchambers sitting in the middle of that group.

Bellchambers is a hell of a lot closer to being a top 5 ruckman in the league than he is to being a bottom 3.

If you remove Nic Nat and Sandilands from the calculations you can make a solid argument for TBC to be the 5th best ruckman after Gawn, Grundy, Ryder and Martin.

Problem is all of Goldstein, Jacobs, McEvoy, Nankervis probably have similar claims to that 5th position it just depends on what you value from your ruckman.

AFL Player Ratings ranked Bellchambers as the 7th best ruckman in the league last year. Grundy and Gawn were the top two, ahead of NicNat (when fit). There was not a great deal of difference between the 4th best ranked ruckman (Goldstein) and the 10th best ranked ruckman (Ryder), with Bellchambers sitting in the middle of that group.

Bellchambers is a hell of a lot closer to being a top 5 ruckman in the league than he is to being a bottom 3.
Ryder 10th behind Belly?

Jeez those rankings are garbage

Ryder 10th behind Belly?

Jeez those rankings are garbage

Ryder didn't have a particularly notable 2018 I wouldn't have said, whilst Bellchambers would have had close to his best season.

I think Bellchambers is a good 'average' ruckman. He's not up with Grundy or Gawn, isn't an impact player like Natanui, but he gets it done every week against most other ruckmen and his good games are pretty good.

"List is good enough to win the flag, question is can Schofield and Montgomery have a big enough impact."

I think the winners of the off season most entertaining board this year goes too Port. Between the Ollie Wines, Jack Watts and the never ending sack Hinkley threads and add in the rumour thread about a second major sponsor has been great. Dust the tarps off lads.

"List is good enough to win the flag, question is can Schofield and Montgomery have a big enough impact."

I think the winners of the off season most entertaining board this year goes too Port. Between the Ollie Wines, Jack Watts and the never ending sack Hinkley threads and add in the rumour thread about a second major sponsor has been great. Dust the tarps off lads.

They could legitimately be a bottom four side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After stealing Ryder this is all our supporters base can say to Port fans
87BF013E-C755-4E59-B828-233F070394F9.jpeg

Bellchambers I feel loses to the likes of Grundy, Gawn and Martin consistentyl, sometimes loses to a s**t ruck, but also beats middling rucks consistently, if that makes sense?

Bellchambers rating is bang on imo. He would be around the 7th best ruckman in the comp. He is slightly better then average but there is a noticeable difference between him and the best in the comp.
Lucky we have the leagues best ruckman in 2022 sitting in our VFL side

Bellchambers I feel loses to the likes of Grundy, Gawn and Martin consistentyl, sometimes loses to a s**t ruck, but also beats middling rucks consistently, if that makes sense?

He's been surprisingly competitive against some of the better rucks at times, I'm not sure whether he often carries injury so is rarely at his best, or if it's between the ears. His best is quite good, he's solid in the middle and isn't a liability around the ground, a good contested mark and kicks straight for goal, but we don't see him at that level often enough.

If he could play at his best level for a whole season, he's probably in the 3 - 5 range for rucks; Grundy & Gawn are the clear top 2, while a fit Natanui offers more impact but isn't able to play as many minutes (and it's questionable when / to what level he'll come back from this ACL). Martin is good around the ground but Bellchambers at his best would have him covered in the middle and up forward I'd say.

A fully fit Kreuzer is probably up there with Gawn & Grundy, but that's been a rare occurrence.

bit of an oldie but still a goodie

An AFL insider has just told me that SOS and Shiel have a gentleman's agreement, SOS has told Shiel he will do "whatever it takes" to win his services, if that means pick 1 so be it, ( which will go to the crows ) but SOS wants 'something else in return'. Shiel is just pretending to shop around to buy some time for the deal to be finalised.
Shiel has NO intention of playing for any other Victorian club than Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back