Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
And yet he couldn't break 3 seconds for the 20 m sprint. Will be a good back pocket but a reach for pick 1, given he is a poor kick. Was always going to perform well early as a well developed short player. Ceiling is much lower than players like Taranto, McLugage and SPS.

From the 2016 redo thread.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Essendon aren't good because I say so, and if you disagree you're a stupid head.

Something tells me he'll be staying at the roar for the majority of his journalistic career.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Essendon aren't good because I say so, and if you disagree you're a stupid head.

Something tells me he'll be staying at the roar for the majority of his journalistic career.

“Just because you beat a team, doesn’t mean you are better than them.”

Yes, some randoms subjective opinion is a much better measure than the actual games played.

Plonker.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
The thing that I like most about Worpel is his temperament ..... nothing seems to faze him much. These are the blokes that perform well under pressure so fingers crossed we have a good one hear!

Perform under pressure?

Completely shat the bed in not just 1 but 2 finals.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Perform under pressure?

Completely shat the bed in not just 1 but 2 finals.

Yeah I dislike the Hawkes as much as the next bloke but they’ve got a good one with this kid. Wish he lasted another 5 picks!

I mean.... ahem... f*ck Hawthorne

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Gee, I like the kid.

On a side note I'm more shocked at the s**t spelling from someone who must've had an Eastern suburbs school education

'a good one hear!' *here.

Camberwell Grammar has gone to the dogs.
Yeah I dislike the Hawkes as much as the next bloke but they’ve got a good one with this kid. Wish he lasted another 5 picks!

I mean.... ahem... f*ck Hawthorne

I actually like Worpel as well. I think he is a solid grunt midfielder who could fill a role on alot of teams.

To describe him as someone who is not fazed by pressure though is ridiculous. his knock in his draft year was that he got the ball alot but tended to shank it out of congestion.

He then went and produced two horrible games in the two most important games of his career.

Saying Worpel is not fazed by pressure is like saying Joe Daniher is a dead eye dick.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I actually like Worpel as well. I think he is a solid grunt midfielder who could fill a role on alot of teams.

To describe him as someone who is not fazed by pressure though is ridiculous. his knock in his draft year was that he got the ball alot but tended to shank it out of congestion.

He then went and produced two horrible games in the two most important games of his career.

Saying Worpel is not fazed by pressure is like saying Joe Daniher is a dead eye dick.
To be fair not one of us knows what his dick looks like

That’s an awful, amateurish analysis to have to endure as a reader. Zero insight into the capabilities of the developing kids like Francis, Langford, McGrath, Ridley, Redman, Parish and Laverde. It’s like he hasn’t even seen them play.......

And Saad gets caught a lot apparently. Um, no, he doesn’t.

Soooo.... players like McGrath are 'unproven'. But other clubs have a greater 'scope for improvement' based on their unproven players. Seems like a load of vomit trying to substitute for a lack of proper analysis.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Yup, heavily underrated. Carried the side for 10 years towelled up hird on numerous occasions yet the drug cheat is more revered.

We haven't really had a player like him since, O'meara probably the closest as an inside mid with pace and endurance.

Shane was lightning, hard and ran all day. Loved a goal too.

Talking as if Hird v Crawford is even a conversation....

Talking as if Hird v Crawford is even a conversation....
Crawf was a gun, he beat Hird on occasions but toweled him up for 10 years?

Yep, chalk it!

The best bit was O'Meara having Crawford endurance.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Kane Cornes stating on SEN that Hawthorne should sign Brent Harvey to play in 2019.
043F1B11-D52C-4586-9869-20A75EE60480.gif

Last edited:
Back