Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon Scrimshaw would have a sneaky chance to be a quality CHB, in the Ashley McIntosh (192cm 99kg) / Dustin Fletcher (198cm 92kg) style of play with a nice leap and then be a real zinger bringing it to ground, quicker than his CHF opposition, and such a beautiful quality outlet with that left foot.

giphy.gif

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
you know it makes sense.
30 goals as a skinny runt, he would kick 60 these days playing there full-time.

Sicily is the most valuable KPP in the league.
No other player is elite like he is at both ends of the field.
Gunston is close -probably has a better running game - but Sicily has him covered for aerial ability, contested marking and a laser-like field kick.

Yep you heard it.

Swingmen of the AFL:

Sicily
Gunston
DAYLIGHT

The owner of that Facebook page is known to be highly biased towards St Kilda. Completely unsurprising.

He also hates Essendon. Not sure what his beef with Geelong is though.

The owner of that Facebook page is known to be highly biased towards St Kilda. Completely unsurprising.

He also hates Essendon. Not sure what his beef with Geelong is though.
Or Melbourne. Melbourne are IMO rightly being talked about in the media as a contender this year.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I can understand Geelong, they're getting older, Chris is an average coach, and still too reliant on too few.

Still too much talent for them to really drop yet imo; Selwood / Hawkins are close to the end but not there yet.

Dangerfield, Menegola, Kelly & Duncan can do the heavy lifting in the middle for now as well.

They'll have issues when Hawkins declines if Ratugolea doesn't come on, but in the JLT game against us they looked much better and more organised through the centre and forwardline than I recall them looking last year. Could be due to lack of pressure, could be due to much improved structure and player positions.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Still too much talent for them to really drop yet imo; Selwood / Hawkins are close to the end but not there yet.

Dangerfield, Menegola, Kelly & Duncan can do the heavy lifting in the middle for now as well.

They'll have issues when Hawkins declines if Ratugolea doesn't come on, but in the JLT game against us they looked much better and more organised through the centre and forwardline than I recall them looking last year. Could be due to lack of pressure, could be due to much improved structure and player positions.
Their backline looks much better when you add Tuohy aswell, they will be hovering around the 8 at the very least this year.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Geelong are my smokey for the flag. Well, as well as us (we're looking smokier than a Laphroaig after the pre-season we've had:p)
Demons for mine this year.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Their backline looks much better when you add Tuohy aswell, they will be hovering around the 8 at the very least this year.

Who are you and what have you done with D_P_S?

And yes, I think that Clark adds a lot of rebound as well. They were fairly solid defensively last year. Their midfield has some big bodies, and an explosive runner in Dangerfield, so the 6-6-6 change should suit them. Add Hawkins as a strong contested anchor playing FF and Ablett as an elite score assist player and they should be OK. Plus they usually win enough at home to keep them around the mark.

Back