Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Too many to pin point right now but Scum supporters pretending like SOS hasnt monumentally ****** up and Bolton is great their list is just young etc. Meanwhile on the gold coast.......
The Stocker thread on D&T is quite something .They're adamant they "have enough 18 year olds" and so would rather trade in whatever senior castaway a pick in the teens can rustle up than have held onto what looks suspiciously like pick 1 and another Sam Walsh.

Last edited:
Too many to pin point right now but Scum supporters pretending like SOS hasnt monumentally ****** up and Bolton is great their list is just young etc. Meanwhile on the gold coast.......

Not sure I would be saying SOS monumentally stuffed up. They had to use an industrial size broom and then bring in a few temp B graders to fill some holes while they went to the draft. A lot will be questioning the Stocker deal but it is really too early to say. They could lose out but still have a very good player.

Not sure I would be saying SOS monumentally stuffed up. They had to use an industrial size broom and then bring in a few temp B graders to fill some holes while they went to the draft. A lot will be questioning the Stocker deal but it is really too early to say. They could lose out but still have a very good player.

In terms of that trade he has. At least as we currently stand.

The Stocker thread on D&T is quite something .They're adamant they "have enough 18 year olds" and so would rather trade in whatever senior castaway a pick in the teens can rustle up than have held onto what looks suspiciously like pick 1 and another Sam Walsh.

Yeah my fav is that they were gonna trade that pick anyway for a estbalished gun. Like anyone that good would go there.

In terms of that trade he has. At least as we currently stand.

That is the problem. You can not say it is a monumental stuff up as the Crows have not even selected anyone. Stocker could play 200 games and the Crows selection could have an injury or a KPP who does not develop for whatever reason. The fact is it is at least 2 years away before we get an idea of how it will turn out. The other thing is even if that pick does end up producing a better player Carlton could still have a decent draft as they still have the Crows first round pick so there is still a pick that will be around the 9 to 14 range. Yes they have given up number 1 but they will get two players for it.

That is the problem. You can not say it is a monumental stuff up as the Crows have not even selected anyone. Stocker could play 200 games and the Crows selection could have an injury or a KPP who does not develop for whatever reason. The fact is it is at least 2 years away before we get an idea of how it will turn out. The other thing is even if that pick does end up producing a better player Carlton could still have a decent draft as they still have the Crows first round pick so there is still a pick that will be around the 9 to 14 range. Yes they have given up number 1 but they will get two players for it.

Fair point. However I very much doubt they would be happy having to lose pick 1 in the trade and only did it thinking they would be better then they actually are. I cant understand the trade otherwise.

Fair point. However I very much doubt they would be happy having to lose pick 1 in the trade and only did it thinking they would be better then they actually are. I cant understand the trade otherwise.

I know what you are saying, what makes it questionable is the fact they look like finishing last or at least bottom three again. I could understand why they did it. Clubs have to back themselves and most of us expected them to be slightly better.At the time they would have not have been thinking it was giving up pick one. I am sure they would have been thinking more like pick 6 to 10 for Stocker and the Crows number 1 in 2019. They actually have been better but when you lose a few close games you can fall over quickly like the Saints did last year. They have also had a poor run with injury to their better players. In a way bad luck may well contribute to making the deal look poor.

As for the coach .... maybe that is the issue.

I know what you are saying, what makes it questionable is the fact they look like finishing last or at least bottom three again. I could understand why they did it. Clubs have to back themselves and most of us expected them to be slightly better.At the time they would have not have been thinking it was giving up pick one. I am sure they would have been thinking more like pick 6 to 10 for Stocker and the Crows number 1 in 2019. They actually have been better but when you lose a few close games you can fall over quickly like the Saints did last year. They have also had a poor run with injury to their better players. In a way bad luck may well contribute to making the deal look poor.

As for the coach .... maybe that is the issue.

You have to factor in the risks. Even with improvement it was always conceivable they could finish bottom 4 at the least. I dont think they risk was worth it.

You have to factor in the risks. Even with improvement it was always conceivable they could finish bottom 4 at the least. I dont think they risk was worth it.

You and I look at it that way but inside an AFL footy club there is no way you do not do a trade because of risk of injury the next year. At the end of the day they are still going to get two players inside the top 20 for that pick. They already have the next super star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2012
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central District
I can’t even pick what team this is. Who or what is a Mitch Lewis?
Hawks needed 2 guys to replace Mitchell and Lewis after they left, they lucked out and killed 2 birds with 1 stone

Reckon tiges are playing the long game of getting Pickett to the club as the 1:2 of getting Kelly. Did the same with Prestia and Caddy and that ended up getting us Lynch
Hehehe

Defensive game means nothing they aren't playing anyone it's the major reason taggers don't get picked like Hewett and De boar Rich has been more consistent than Saad too
Defensive game means nothing when picking the best defenders for the year apparently.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
7DA97972-438D-4E7B-A7F3-B9BA336CD74E.jpeg

8ACEB12B-1B60-4FAC-86A7-4FDFE159A714.jpeg

Either they had an inside agreement that the coach has got to go or he's carrying an injury because in the past few weeks he's been sub-par after a brilliant first half to the year. A couple of games ago, Cripps was having a long talk to Doc while on the bench. He looked animated and very frustrated. Like as if the players and coaches aren't on the same page when it comes to the gameplan.
Because he was playing against a 2nd gamer who he'd brush off easily. Anyone watching the game could tell that, as well as the player meeting with the coaches kicked out and his discussion with Docherty. He's had enough. So have most of the playing group, it seems.

He's had games in the past where he's been nullified and things don't go his way, but this was different. Could see it in his body language and movement.

Cripps was bad today coz he was tanking to send a message he’s not happy about Bolton. Poor chiss loving guy, Carlton lost his grand final today.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back