Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Hardly delusional. Dunkley has had a ripping year and is better forward.

I still think that Oliver is better, but based on 2019 only, the gap between the two doesnt constitute that comment to be delusional.
Yes it does. Dunkley has had a good two month patch but Oliver has been above his level for 2 and a half years. If Dunkley continues this form for the rest of the year and the entire year next year then we'll start talking.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
So it’s possible.

Dunkley is better than Oliver. Oliver is only averaging more disposals, tackles, inside 50's, CP and clearances as an inside mid

Did he mean since Dunkley has been a full time mid? Dunkley spent alot of time up forward early parts of this year.

Oliver has been very ordinary disposal wise this year. Even by hand.

Last edited:
Did he mean since Dunkley has been a full time mid? Dunkley spent alot of time up forward early parts of this year.

Oliver has been very ordinary disposal wise this year. Even by hand.
He said that Dunkley is a better player. And that Oliver's 2 years of clearly being streets ahead is irrelevant.

He didn't say that.

He even acknowledged this time last year Oliver was better.
Umm:

If all we base these things on is previous performance, then I guess Ablett is still the best player in the competition, and Fyfe/Kelly/Bont/Dangerfield/Martin/Cripps aren't better players now

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Lolololol

Umm.

That doesn't say previous performances are irrelevant. It says it's not all you should judge players on.

Umm.

That's correct.
It implies it strongly. He said Dunkley is better because of a 2 month purple patch and the fact that Oliver has been better over 2 and a half years shouldn't count because Dunkley's last 6 matches have been in the same ballpark as Oliver.

Umm.

Next time you quote something as evidence just make sure it actually says what you say it does. Not what you hope.
Says Dunkley is a better player than Oliver
Proceeds to use a 6 game patch of form as evidence as to why
Dismisses anybody using 2 and a half years of evidence as to why Oliver is clearly better by using an absolute reach.

Yeah sure, I'm the one wrong here.
If there's this much debate, it ain't a pearler

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
The debate is interpreting what the poster said, which was that Dunkley is a better player than Oliver, which he isn't.

Back