Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm like a kid at the candy store, I keep running from Hawkes board to the trading board and still can't get enough lols

I am genuinely gob smacked that after all the signs, all the chatter, the Clarko comments, the out on the town with the boys that Cogs has taken the devils money and stayed in s**t farmville Western Sydney... Deadset mind boggling

The arrogance that a player dares to not decide to play for their bottoming out team

Last edited:

They almost literally gave them Tom Scully for free less than 12 months ago and now they want to burn the place to the ground for dodgy dealings.

That board is a gold mine today. I'm getting no work done today
Unpopular opinion, but Scully on good money was worth what they paid for him. He's a long way from the superstar they thought he'd be

They almost literally gave them Tom Scully for free less than 12 months ago and now they want to burn the place to the ground for dodgy dealings.

That board is a gold mine today. I'm getting no work done today
The beauty is it's trades like the Scully one that cleared the cap space to keep Coniglio.

The Hawkes trade thread is amazing reading at the moment, and I've only read the 5 or so more recent pages!

Fellas, I would like to wholeheartedly apologise to our great and loyal fans for my clearly now, incorrect information. I was just as excited as the rest of us with the information I was receiving stating that he had confirmed a want to represent the Hawthorn Football Club so I sincerely apologise for giving lots of our fans what may be deemed as false hope.
I corroborated my info with a few much more respected and longer posters than myself on this forum and everything was matching up.

In terms of the events of tonight, there is no doubt that high ranking club officials of ours were lied to, including the most important off field official in our club. There is no doubt that AFL HQ have manipulated the system by driving the price of this new contract for Coniglio up by way of ‘payments’ outside the salary cap and there is absolutely no doubt that the HFC will continue to move forward and will taste much more success in the near future.
Heads up again boys and again I am really really sorry. I am as disappointed as the rest of you.

On a side note, abasi apologies in advance my friend and if this deems a suspension so be it:
fu** Carlton FC and their rotten to the core organisation, the laughing stock of football in this country and a true modern day basket case.

fu** Essendon FC and their disgusting, cheating culture. Are so inept as a football club that could not even cheat their way to success. Never forget as we say ‘while we were threepeating you were cheating’

Not sure how Carlton or Essendon are relevant here?

Fairly spot on. For us all crying over the rabbit that went back home. Looking closer to home. We have a young kid called Worpel who will out shine Coniglio in only his third year next year.

Sensible position.

Didn’t want him anyway.

GO HAWKS

Accurate.

Spot on. Wrighty was aware they’d match too. Which signifies to me we were looking at different things a long time ago and to not worry too much.

Hawkes can do no wrong. They always know.

Cogs is not a player that produces consistent performances to warrant that amount of coin. NEXT!

Yes, he's quite terrible now he's staying at GWS.

#pattonisthetarget should be a lock & will be better than Ben Brown

Because obviously.

I think the one thing we all got wrong was Coniglio's main objective not being money, lots of intel that many people received including myself was whilst money was important it was nowhere near the top priority. The proof is in the pudding now, Money was the no 1 factor, more than playing under the best coach, playing with his best mate, playing for a big Victorian club etc.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to do anything other than play for Hawthorne?

We've been linked to Callum Ah Chee at GC as part of the Burgoyne deal.

Here comes the big fish!

Mat Walker is better than Cyril.

Never mind that he hasn't played a game.

Jesus I hope we play finals in 2020 and play the Giants and knock them out, what a sliding doors moment that would be. I genuinely dislike the squib now, I hope Worps gives him a Ruff like tackle on Hanners and breaks his ribs.

Suffice to say, they're taking it well.

The Hawkes trade thread is amazing reading at the moment, and I've only read the 5 or so more recent pages!

Sensible position.

Accurate.

Because obviously.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to do anything other than play for Hawthorne?

Here comes the big fish!

I love you

Sensible position.

Accurate.

Because obviously.

Here comes the big fish!

Great job, Jade would be proud.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my favourite.
They keep bringing up Essendon when we never even inquired about Cogs
Who is head ****ed by who again?

oh and it's well known Gil supports Saints, but bloody Essendon!!!!!

The cap floor is 600k. They think they have 5-7 times that? So dumb
Well Roughie is gone and if Silk hangs up the boots there’s maybe 2m and that’s stretching it (including the 600k).

Not sure if they’ve got anyone worth shopping around (that they’d be willing to part with).

They’re probably a better chance of luring Cyril our of retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back