Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Roughie is gone and if Silk hangs up the boots there’s maybe 2m and that’s stretching it (including the 600k).

Not sure if they’ve got anyone worth shopping around (that they’d be willing to part with).

They’re probably a better chance of luring Cyril our of retirement.
Please, that's 1.4 at best, and even that's generous

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
this Bluemour is a good one:

Imagine if we landed AMTW.
For mine it would be even better than if we had rabbit. He is so exciting and talented.
Since * got AMT for free due to their Prohibited Drug saga - the AFL ought to rule that when he leaves it must be as DFA.

Surely they wouldn’t reward * flouting of WADA rules?????

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Wingard already is better than Cogs. 2 time all Australian and has heaps more skill. When Chad is at his best, Cogs isn’t even close. The only reason he has been inconsistent the last couple of years at Port was because playing half forward is difficult and especially difficult at a basket case of a club like Port.

#neverwantedhimanyway

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Kind of a half truth

He was a top up for the 2015 NAB Cup when the players sat out prior to the tribunal decision
It’s really not though. The argument is we had a free shot at him because he was a top up.

He wasn’t a top up, we used a 2nd round rookie selection on him after every other club had multiple opportunities to draft him. Same gets said about Mitch Brown.

The only one you could potentially make a case for would be Matt Dea but I don’t think any other clubs were exactly jumping out of their skins to pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Hawthorne fans are taking it well said:
37 days before the event is VERY early to call something in the AFL world.

What if a poor GC or GWS player hasn't made up their mind by then? Or GWS left their limitless chequebook in their other pants???

I can see Trade Period being pushed back a week, or brought forward, based on the AFL's whim. Also, I expect them to introduce a handicap or 'staggered start' to Trade Period.

You guessed it, we're allowed to join in at 3:40pm on the Sunday...

Can confirm we were never after ATM - too inconsistant, downhill skier - and we just bid on him to force essendon out of the running for Martin who was our real target all along.
You forgot to change accounts

I have no idea how to quote from other threads.
Press the "+Quote" button, come in here, use the "insert quote" button next to attach files and then delete their username

No he never was actually.

That is just a delusional fantasy concocted by Essendon fans still in denial that they paid massive overs for Shiel. We ended up with the better player in Setterfield (long term) anyway for far cheaper anyway.

Who looks silly now when the facts are presented?
In reply to someone saying Carlton believed they had Shiel.

I'm not sure he knows what the word facts means.

In reply to someone saying Carlton believed they had Shiel.

I'm not sure he knows what the word facts means.
Setterfield better than Shiel?

C26D25C7-B9A9-4865-B625-B6030AA6CCEE.gif

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I just think they're learning disabled and don't know how to spell "free agent"

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
A shout out to the bloke on Facebook today with the Richmond profile picture that tried to tell me Essendon isn't a powerhouse club any more because powerhouse clubs "don't go 15 years without winning a final". Thought he deserved a special mention. Very special.

Back