Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorne fans trying to work out a way to convince themselves that missing on players is good said:
I agree & we turn the Amon miss (negative) into a Smith retention (positive).

Look at it this way (should it occur), we’re getting 2x years of Smith instead of Amon, which you’d have to agree is a win.

I appreciate that it doesn’t do much for our age demograpic - which a lot of posters seem to think is more important than talent or performance - but it is what it is, Amon no longer exists.

The AFL just hates Hawthorne said:
Missing on a lot of our targets so far.. Get the feeling the AFL agenda against us is starting to have an impact on our ability to win over potential recruits..

Aside from the pathological delusion, where are they getting this AFL agenda nonsense from?
Gillon saying he hopes Cogs re-signs (evidence of motive?).

The free agency matching rule being confirmed as only having to match dollars and years, not the exact structure of payments (preventing clubs from being priced out through front-loading).

And then rumours of a multicultural ambassador contract which he “obviously” only got if he re-signed for GWS.

Kevin Sheedy is the reason that lot are as filthy as they are.

Sheedy’s Essendon sides right throughout his tenure there were disgraceful.

Thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants, kneeing opponents, snide little hits off the ball, you name it, they did it, all at his direction.

Sheedy takes over the Giants and lo and behold, they turn into thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants etc

I ****ing cannot stand Sheedy, and it nauseates me that he is in the AFL Hall of Fame and that his praises are sung as supposedly one of the great ambassadors of the game.

Thug as a player and a coach who condoned and taught thuggery.

F**k Sheedy.

Dogs fans taking the loss well.

Yeah that too.

I walked past him at half time in the 2016 PF and gave him the filthiest glare I could muster up.

Nothing but contempt for him.

I'm sure Sheeds still wakes up in a cold sweat.

I hope he despised then and still despises Tony Liberatore, Jose Romero etc. They were thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants, kneeing opponents, snide little hits off the ball, you name it, they did it.

truely bizarre! how anyone could still hold such animosity toward K Sheedy is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deluded Swan said:
Also, Beatson suggested that we were willing to off load pick 4 if we got what we wanted & he also suggested that there are always some good picks later in the draft as they are often hidden there. Then should Papley end up at Carlton for pick 8, I believe we will then have the right picks to land some big guns to our club.

So hypothetically, here goes.
Pick 4 & 23 to GWS for picks 11, 13 & 49.
Papley to Carlton for pick 8 & Marchbank(overs I know because they want Paps)
Pick 13 & Jones to Essendon for Daniher.
Picks 8 & 11 (two first round picks) to Collingwood for Grundy. Throw in Cameron as it was mentioned this morning they have shown an interest in him.

Of course not as straight forward as that but work around those picks with a few tweaks of picks & players.

I couldn't let this one go unnoticed he's hoping for a net return of:

In: Marchbank, Daniher, Grundy + 49

Out: 4, 23, Papley, Jones

Grundy is 2 top 5 picks and change minimum by himself

I hope he despised then and still despises Tony Liberatore, Jose Romero etc. They were thugs, scraggers, cheap shot merchants, kneeing opponents, snide little hits off the ball, you name it, they did it.

If there was any team that people loathed for their dirty play in that era, it was the Bullies.

I couldn't let this one go unnoticed he's hoping for a net return of:

In: Marchbank, Daniher, Grundy + 49

Out: 4, 23, Papley, Jones

Grundy is 2 top 5 picks and change minimum by himself

Don't forget he said he'd throw in Cameron (Darcy, not Jeremy) so that's worth something... right?

Eagles fans on their board comparing cheating in a drug test to Police having dodgy equipment in an RBT haha

If this is true, then this case is akin to incorrectly providing a sample at an RBT, being taken back to the station to give a blood sample, that comes up negative, then having the book thrown at you anyway. Would our society deem this fair?

Hawkes board main ITK poster still salty as * said:
Why ?? Gil will ride in on his ambassador horse.

I know people think this is just Cogs sour grapes, but believe me, the industry currently believes the GWS “do NOT have salary cap. HQ, AT ITS DISCRETION, can grant additional outside of Cap payments to GWS players”. “They have and will continue to do so”

I did what I knew I shouldn't and went to the Hawthorn board. I was keen to check their feelings re Patton.

Sadly, I got preoccupied with their thread "Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers... Come Smell the Bull****! Part 2"
(I love that it's Part 2)
We should start a thread of 300+ pages on why Sam Mitchell is a flog. Maintain the rage, right?

Still foaming at the mouth it seems. Can't argue with logic like this:

I've thought ever since the doping program was exposed that Essendon should make Zaharakis their captain. He's the only one that didn't get injected. Sure, he said it was because he was afraid of needles but I've long thought that was more likely a lame story dreamed up so that he didn't have to throw his teammates under the bus by saying he refused when they didn't.

But then Essendon never admitted what they did, claiming it was all a horrible misunderstanding and they are actually victims not perpetrators. So naming Zaharakis would be as good as admitting it was all a doping program instead of an unfortunate mistake. Which would expose them to all sorts of liabilities which hush money and unwarranted contract extensions managed to keep quiet. I guess Zaharakis was only an option if Essendon wanted to come clean. So he was never named.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back