Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I would argue that isn't that delusional at all.
At his best, I can't think of a similar player in impact per possession and his particular style in the league at the moment either.

There's a lot of high impact per possession types rolling around, Jetta (WC) carved us up in the finals last year but lacks the defensive side to his game.

I guess my point is that Cyril was undoubtedly good, but he gets talked up (by Bruce mainly) in such a way that you'd think he was GOAT level good.

There's a lot of high impact per possession types rolling around, Jetta (WC) carved us up in the finals last year but lacks the defensive side to his game.

I guess my point is that Cyril was undoubtedly good, but he gets talked up (by Bruce mainly) in such a way that you'd think he was GOAT level good.

For the position he played, he's in the discussion for goat, fantastic player.

Tippa is the closest IMO, When he gets the ball forward of center it usually ends in a scoring shot. Cyril was an awesome footballer.

Unfortunately, sycophantic commentators couldn't let us simply enjoy his performances, bigging up every single thing he did as absolutely amazing. It annoys people. It's happening now with Tippa too.

As small forwards Milne and Betts were better, and that's just the past couple of decades. Cyril's real talents were when he pushed into the midfield, but his body never let him do that consistently.

Betts, Milne, Breust off the top of my head are all better modern day smalls. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Cameron passe him too.

Unfortunately, sycophantic commentators couldn't let us simply enjoy his performances, bigging up every single thing he did as absolutely amazing. It annoys people. It's happening now with Tippa too.

Nah Tippa still cops a fair bit of criticism for going missing in games, Cyril did this a lot as well but no one (media) ever questioned him.

New thread on the Hawkes board, I've little doubt this will provide many contributions for this thread.

bf8078e48c.png
I love how it conveniently creates a default position where if they lose it's because there's an AFL House conspiracy against them. Because it's not in the AFL's interest to grow other clubs?

And in fairness, if Gumbleton didn't succumb to injury, we'd have Daniher and Gumbleton up forward and a seriously holy s*** forwardline, if Daniher didn't succumb to injury, and if if if...
If we drafted Dangerfield instead of Myers, Parker instead of Steinberg. The ifs could go on for days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we drafted Dangerfield instead of Myers, Parker instead of Steinberg. The ifs could go on for days
Fyfe instead of Melksham, Dank didn't happen (Cripps and Lobb please and thank you)

Behind who?

Prestia is a good player don't get me wrong, but he's really only had one stellar year (2019). He's just been good up until last season.
Merrett, level with Shiel. He's better than Heppell IMO, and those guys are clearly the top 3 for me.

But at the same time, I wouldn't chase him. We don't need any more undersized inside mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back