Democrats nominating for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourite books is by Tim Miller: Why We Did It. An easy read filled with so many great anecdotes, gratuitous language and copious amount of humility, introspection and absurdity.

After reading his book, one of the things on my imaginary bucket list would be to spend a week with him following candidates before Super Tuesday and getting drunk with him in the evenings listening to all his stories about prior campaigns.

Some exciting fundraising developments in the now independent campaign.

GDck0GgW8AAav_S

So the Democratic primaries are all a bit boring, right? Wrong!

A Democratic consultant who worked for the Dean Phillips campaign paid a New Orleans magician, Paul Carpenter, to use artificial intelligence to impersonate Joe Biden for a robocall that is now at the centre of a multistate law enforcement investigation.

He used AI software to make the imitation of Biden's voice urging New Hampshire Democrats not to vote in the state's presidential primary.

Carpenter holds world records in fork-bending and straitjacket escapes but has no fixed address. He says creating the fake audio cost $1 but he was paid $150 by the campaign.

If Dems get up this Nov I'd like to see a place in the admin for Beto ala Buttigieg. Give the guy some experience and exposure. He can't be a perennial almost winner in an all-red district that re-elects people like Cruz.
There is a crop a good Dems out there. They need to give their shots.
Anecdotal I know, but a guy I know has a daughter, newly grad working with a state Dem org. The insider news is that the DNC is seriously leaning toward Gretchen Whitmer for 2028. Not a bad option ATM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back