Democrats nominating for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

None with any campaign charisma that I've seen.

Have to wonder what the hell they are thinking. Democrats eating themselves while Republicans are gleefully stacking the Supreme Court with judges only a fraction of Americans want.

And the Democrats still cant rally behind a sensible moderate the country desperately needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a misprint , he could have been born in usa

Cenk Uygur, founder and outspoken host of the progressive Young Turks TV show, said he could win the Democratic nomination for president despite obstacles including his own overseas birth in Istanbul seemingly rendering him unqualified under the US constitution.
Uygur came to the US from Turkey at eight years old. Article II, section I, clause 5 of the US constitution says only “natural born citizens” – defined by the Harvard Law Review as “citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalisation proceedings” – can be president.

Uygur said he could beat that standard in court.

He's grifting

Was outlined above why he's running. Trying to make enough noise to stir up the Dem's. Wants Biden to pull out.

He literally said it shouldn't be him running, it should be anyone else but him, but no-one else is stepping up. The whole not eligible rhetoric is just to keep himself in the conversation, he knows he could never be President, and knows he will never be President.

Was outlined above why he's running. Trying to make enough noise to stir up the Dem's. Wants Biden to pull out.

He literally said it shouldn't be him running, it should be anyone else but him, but no-one else is stepping up. The whole not eligible rhetoric is just to keep himself in the conversation, he knows he could never be President, and knows he will never be President.
he can spin it however he likes.

But he's running for a job he's not eligible for. Therefore its a financial grift and nothing else.

He has a donate button on his website.

he can spin it however he likes.

But he's running for a job he's not eligible for. Therefore its a financial grift and nothing else.

He has a donate button on his website.
Happy to disagree on this one.

I can understand the cynicism, but I can also understand the horrid state of U.S politics and the means that some may go to try and keep Trump from getting back into the White House.

Persoanally, I doubt he'd be running if there was a strong 40 year old democrat with a hint of charisma running.

I like the Bulwark content. Anyone but Trumpists (and MAGAs) moderate conservative political types who usually put forth rational views.
This is an interesting take by a former campaign/political consultant on the new Dem in the race. Never heard of this Phillips guy before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back