PS5 Demon Souls - PS5 remake

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
From what I saw Bluepoint did a good job with SOTC, but it's still a surprise to see them doing this game instead of From Software.

I really hope they extend on this game though and add more bosses / worlds - for people who know it inside out and the best order to approach things, this will be a really short game, so I hope it's not a 1 for 1 remake. It will be nice to finally fight Flamelurker on 60FPS too.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Not a Souls/Borne fan but that looked incredible

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope it's a one for one unless they create some of the left out content. Quite a few interesting monster models not used be fun to see them in this project. Also they better fix the magic imbalance.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I'm in but Sekiro beat me to submission and I'm not sure I can stomach getting my arse handed to me without an out. I was stressed out at work at the time though so that definitely contributed to the rage quitting.

Looking forward to the Ghost of Tiramisu getting me back into swords again. Lightsabers don't count.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm in but Sekiro beat me to submission and I'm not sure I can stomach getting my arse handed to me without an out. I was stressed out at work at the time though so that definitely contributed to the rage quitting.

Looking forward to the Ghost of Tiramisu getting me back into swords again. Lightsabers don't count.
Lot's of spirits used in that recipe?

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I played Demons Early enough to have some PVP while it was still hot - scraping spear MUST be changed.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Anybody else played this yet? I'm 30 something hours in with 4 bosses to go. Awesome game, looks next gen but they have added some quality of life improvements for an old game. I never played this back in the day with DS3 being my first full one. Coming late to the party I couldn't get into last gen looking games without the nostalgia, although would love another remake.

There are a few barriers but seems like it is easy to beat than other souls games once you discover the tricks / strategies.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Finished now. Amazing, true next gen visuals and music with some retro mechanics and pain thrown in for “fun”. Beat the final boss with the giant two hander to flex (and because I kept dying with sword and board).

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are a few barriers but seems like it is easy to beat than other souls games once you discover the tricks / strategies.

The difficulty in DeS was always through traversal of the areas, not so much the bosses. In the original game, and especially since this was the first in the series, things were a real pain in the ass back then. I was a little disappointed that they didn't modernise some of the fights. 2-1, 2-2 and 4-4 were definitely a lot harder in the original. Maneater was surprisingly the "hardest" one for me this time around. So it's a little weird.

Beat the final boss with the giant two hander to flex

Did you use the Claymore? One of the best weapons in the game even compared to boss ones, considering how early you can get it too.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
The difficulty in DeS was always through traversal of the areas, not so much the bosses. In the original game, and especially since this was the first in the series, things were a real pain in the ass back then. I was a little disappointed that they didn't modernise some of the fights. 2-1, 2-2 and 4-4 were definitely a lot harder in the original. Maneater was surprisingly the "hardest" one for me this time around. So it's a little weird.

Did you use the Claymore? One of the best weapons in the game even compared to boss ones, considering how early you can get it too.
Nah, used the Meat Cleaver.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
played the first 2 hours never played any souls game ever and ooof was really shocked when u die u basically gotta do it all again lol i got so tilted and im still on the first area lol but nah i beat the first boss eventually and probs one of the more satisfying feelings in a video game imo

i did a vid on it if anyone is interested

Just started this today, never played any of the Dark Souls or Demon Souls and had a half assed attempt at Bloodborne but couldn't be f***ed trying to learn the game.

Given the lockdown, I'm going to give this a good go and actually try learn it.

proud of you.

I'm doing okay surprisingly although apparently I've been informed that I picked the "easy mode" by choosing Royal as my class? Had no idea about this.

I wish it had a normal mode.

Back