PS5 Demon Souls - PS5 remake

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish it had a normal mode.
It does, just farm a bit and over level. It takes a bit of struggling at the start as there is no point doing it until you get to a place where it is achievable. But Demon Souls doesn't really limit the amount of healing items you can have besides weight and massive caps so you can heal a lot more than other souls games.

Absolutely beautiful game. Music is great too.

It does, just farm a bit and over level. It takes a bit of struggling at the start as there is no point doing it until you get to a place where it is achievable. But Demon Souls doesn't really limit the amount of healing items you can have besides weight and massive caps so you can heal a lot more than other souls games.

Absolutely beautiful game. Music is great too.
oh some of the music in the boss fights are incredible, sometimes i feel like the music being so good motivates me to kill them ahah

Got given this as a Valentines gift. Never played it before, interested to give it a crack though.

Any particular advice for someone who’s a bog average gamer? Haha

Well whoever gave you the present could go either way:

- Gave you a good game for you to enjoy.
- Gave you a f***ing difficult game to watch you suffer.

I can't give you much advice with the game as I've also recently started but if you've never played a Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Bloodborne game then I'd advise you to pick the Royal class. You get a very good spell to start out with that helps you survive early on while learning the game, I started with that without knowing but apparently it's a good choice for new players to the series.

Also don't be deterred if you keep dying, this game is built around dying and learning from mistakes.

Got given this as a Valentines gift. Never played it before, interested to give it a crack though.

Any particular advice for someone who’s a bog average gamer? Haha
Take your time, if you find yourself struggling in an area or boss then look up a guide. You still have to do it but these games are built for guides and often there is a trick to bosses that make it a lot easier.

You also need to look up the world tendency mechanic. I would suicide in the Nexus after every boss win just to not stuff it up and make it harder.

Play online and read the tips on the floor.

Farming Grass or souls a good way to help if you start to hit a difficulty spike.

Most of all, you will die twice and lose all your souls at some stage. Just accept it as the real upgrade is learning a level yourself.

Well whoever gave you the present could go either way:

- Gave you a good game for you to enjoy.
- Gave you a f***ing difficult game to watch you suffer.

I can't give you much advice with the game as I've also recently started but if you've never played a Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Bloodborne game then I'd advise you to pick the Royal class. You get a very good spell to start out with that helps you survive early on while learning the game, I started with that without knowing but apparently it's a good choice for new players to the series.

Also don't be deterred if you keep dying, this game is built around dying and learning from mistakes.

What are the saves like?

What are the saves like?

To be honest having not played the Souls series other than a piss poor attempt at Bloodborne that lasted half an hour I just assumed that you could only save in The Nexus which is what I've been doing.

I didn't realize you could actually just hit start and save and quit until I read your post and wondering what the f*** you meant by how are the saves?

To be honest having not played the Souls series other than a piss poor attempt at Bloodborne that lasted half an hour I just assumed that you could only save in The Nexus which is what I've been doing.

I didn't realize you could actually just hit start and save and quit until I read your post and wondering what the f*** you meant by how are the saves?

You're welcome.

Take your time, if you find yourself struggling in an area or boss then look up a guide. You still have to do it but these games are built for guides and often there is a trick to bosses that make it a lot easier.

You also need to look up the world tendency mechanic. I would suicide in the Nexus after every boss win just to not stuff it up and make it harder.

Play online and read the tips on the floor.

Farming Grass or souls a good way to help if you start to hit a difficulty spike.

Most of all, you will die twice and lose all your souls at some stage. Just accept it as the real upgrade is learning a level yourself.
Cheers (and thanks as well Dez).

Watched the trailer for it and it looked pretty full on haha. Will have to see how I go with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"read tips on floor" lol.

I've been burnt too many times in these games trusting those. At least half are troll messages!
It was funny with Demons Souls on PS5 launch. Not many Trolls, a lot of help. I wondered if it was veteran's being older?

The bloodstains are the best guides, just watching someone charge up and die lets you see there's obviously something ahead.
Definitely the best guide for an ambush.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back