Autopsy Demons 100 def Dogs 51

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or has Melbourne had a McDonald in their team for the last 30 years?
We've had one on the list since 1997 when Anthony joined. Joel came the year before we 'retired' :( James, and Tom was drafted the year before we delisted Joel

We really need to think of something new for our forward entries and structure. Apart from Bont up there (robbing Peter for Paul), we have nothing really apart from a solid effort from Billy. Our 2 key forwards run themselves under the ball constantly, not wanting to hit the contest. Looking at the 2 Dees key forwards in the same game was chalk and cheese. I agree the JJ also has to go back. And a couple of those young blokes need to learn to chase even when they may be out of the contest. Some perceived pressure is better than none. I'm a fan of Lipinski but I was surprised to see him twice on Saturday just give up the chase and let blokes run off. It's fair to say at the moment that we are becoming a bit soft - something that was far from true 2 years ago. And Dahl... Dahl...what has happened? Just no confidence. Something not right there.

Caleb's tackle went unrewarded when it was a hugely obvious example of holding the ball/incorrect disposal.
Genuine incorrect disposal and holding the ball no longer exists in our game.

Holding the ball is only paid when players pile on top of the one making the play.

Prior opportunity and giving players an eternity to hit it out is a major cause of why the game is so congested.

Ball it up quickly and pay incorrect disposal as soon as it occurs and numbers will not be able to flood back or stoppages

Did notice Melbourne were able to drop the ball at every opportunity while being tackled. Was frustrating to watch even if it had no effect on the game's outcome.

I can't remember who it was, however there were two instances in our F50 early in the 2nd qtr where HTB should have been paid against the Dee's.
In one of these, the Demon player was brought down in the tackle with the ball, when he hit the deck, the ball spilled and he then reached out with one arm and dragged it back into his possession. It was the clearest possible example of HTB, yet it went unrewarded, followed by a second non HTB, then the Dee's ran it down the other end to score.

These coupled with the 50's for inside protected areas, followed by the Dee player (No.9 I think - their supporters don't even know) who came from behind our player to tackle him down when he was clearly well within the protected area

I give up - I just don't understand the rules of footy anymore

I can't remember who it was, however there were two instances in our F50 early in the 2nd qtr where HTB should have been paid against the Dee's.
In one of these, the Demon player was brought down in the tackle with the ball, when he hit the deck, the ball spilled and he then reached out with one arm and dragged it back into his possession. It was the clearest possible example of HTB, yet it went unrewarded, followed by a second non HTB, then the Dee's ran it down the other end to score.

These coupled with the 50's for inside protected areas, followed by the Dee player (No.9 I think - their supporters don't even know) who came from behind our player to tackle him down when he was clearly well within the protected area

I give up - I just don't understand the rules of footy anymore
I remember that. Dahlhaus was the tackler IIRC.

Nice theory which you have repeated a few times now.

So I tell you what, I'll watch a replay of the last rd, if you go back and watch a replay of rd 1 where many of your feted experienced players and hardly any kids played....dont want to spoil it for you but the losing margin was much bigger than yesterday's.

I don't think Rd 1 helps your argument. Although a couple of the experienced players I have mentioned were in the side that day, we still fielded a very young and experienced team. We had 2 players playing their first AFL match, another 2 playing their first game for the club, and Tim English playing his third game. We had Wood playing forward and lost Libba during the match, against a very strong Giants line up.

Roberts and Biggs were also far from our worst, that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back