Prediction Demons Commentary Catch-phrase thread (sponsored by Kelli Underwood)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
So far we have had:

“That’s why they call him Slick Fritch” (originally terrible - but improved as a kind of cult starter)

“Buzzing around like a mozzie, Kosi (dreadful)

“Enjoyed it to the Max” (not bad - would be better if it hadn’t sounded pre-prepared)

There was another zinger today about Pickett - would be very grateful if someone could remind me what that little gem was.

I was sad that Dogga didn’t get a fifth goal so we could see whether Jackson 5 had an outing.

What are some other zingers we would like to see? I think there is a lot of potential around Kosi like “you can’t cross the Pickett line” (following a tackle or whatever) or even “it won’t heal if you Pickett” (no idea what scenario that gets used in really). I would also like to see “cry me a Rivers” but again I’m not certain where that goes or why.

Harmes also has zinger potential but underused. Probably because Harmes needs a slightly better game before the “in Harmes way” stuff gets a real run

So far we have had:

“That’s why they call him Slick Fritch” (originally terrible - but improved as a kind of cult starter)

“Buzzing around like a mozzie, Kosi (dreadful)

“Enjoyed it to the Max” (not bad - would be better if it hadn’t sounded pre-prepared)

There was another zinger today about Pickett - would be very grateful if someone could remind me what that little gem was.

I was sad that Dogga didn’t get a fifth goal so we could see whether Jackson 5 had an outing.

What are some other zingers we would like to see? I think there is a lot of potential around Kosi like “you can’t cross the Pickett line” (following a tackle or whatever) or even “it won’t heal if you Pickett” (no idea what scenario that gets used in really). I would also like to see “cry me a Rivers” but again I’m not certain where that goes or why.

Harmes also has zinger potential but underused. Probably because Harmes needs a slightly better game before the “in Harmes way” stuff gets a real run
I believe the Kozzie one today was "Kozzie picks it through the middle". Elite stuff

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
excellent thread idea PG, will be great to catalogue these and look back at them over the years.
I suddenly realised there is an upside to K Underwood. Kind of anyway. And it’s been a long time since Howe did he do that?

Last edited:
It's Kelli Underwood not Kelly Overton, but like where the thread is heading other than that

yes, wasn't sure what PG was referring to, thought it was some nickname that had gone over my head

It's Kelli Underwood not Kelly Overton, but like where the thread is heading other than that
I thought she was Kelly Underplastic?

I'll see myself out

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Okay let’s change the topic. I’ve done some editing and nobody need know what happened if we all keep it on the down-low.

I’m disappointed nobody has given Tommy a “Big Mac” label in some of his best games. There’s all kinds of places you can go with McNuggets, happy meals, would you like fries with that? Maybe a product placement issue.

Oh fu**.

So who is Kelly Overton because I feel sure that is somebody

Turns out Kelly Overton is a moderately successful actor who most famously leads a tv show called Van Helsing in which she plays the titular 'Vanessa Van Helsing'.

Which just raises more questions imo. I get that Van Helsing was a surname in Dracula. But why not simply make her name Vanessa Helsing or Van Helsing for short??

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Okay let’s change the topic. I’ve done some editing and nobody need know what happened if we all keep it on the down-low.

I’m disappointed nobody has given Tommy a “Big Mac” label in some of his best games. There’s all kinds of places you can go with McNuggets, happy meals, would you like fries with that? Maybe a product placement issue.
Devastated that Luke Jackson couldn’t kick 5 today. Underwood must’ve had a wide on at the thought of calling “the Jackson five.”

Back