Rumour Demons involved in drug scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he is far too arrogant and proud for that to happen. It will just be swept under the rug, unless Dank's lawyers get something on him for defamation hopefully.

No doubt the media played a role in it also. As soon as it broke they made things sound far worse than what is, clearly, an extremely minor issue and one that didn't need to get as big as it has.

No, he is far too arrogant and proud for that to happen. It will just be swept under the rug, unless Dank's lawyers get something on him for defamation hopefully.
Happy to have it swept under the rug if it means we can move on from this latest saga. We just need to keep our noses clean for a while as far as media coverage goes. The brand is taking a savage beating this year.

Lol just watching the encore of 360. Robbo has lost his ******* nut, it's so funny. Raving like a homeless conspiracy theorist, Whately's face is gold.

I never watch it either. Missus isn't home so I have control of the remote.

He was going on about the drugs, Essendon and Dank. I would love to give you a concise review of what was said but it was a completely incoherent ramble. Dude was struggling hard.

Robbo's hilarious. I love him tbh. Not sure where all the hate comes from. He's entitled to his opinion, and sure... sometimes his opinion sucks. BUT; he's great to listen to and watch imo. xD

I never watch it either. Missus isn't home so I have control of the remote.

He was going on about the drugs, Essendon and Dank. I would love to give you a concise review of what was said but it was a completely incoherent ramble. Dude was struggling hard.

Probably still pissed from pre-dinner and post-dinner drinks down at the pub

Robbo's hilarious. I love him tbh. Not sure where all the hate comes from. He's entitled to his opinion, and sure... sometimes his opinion sucks. BUT; he's great to listen to and watch imo. xD

Yeah I don't mind him either, he wears his heart on his sleeve. But he does need to be called on some of his bullshit written word from time to time.

He was gold last night. Recommended viewing.

Probably still pissed from pre-dinner, during dinner and post-dinner drinks down at the pub
Fixed.

He does seem half cut at times, can't rally his thoughts like hes had a few.

Fixed.

He does seem half cut at times, can't rally his thoughts like hes had a few.

This is why he's a print journalist first and foremost - he is rubbish at organising his thoughts into coherent sentences without writing them down first. Live TV really doesn't suit him that well.

That said, I don't mind him in terms of his opinions... He can get way too dramatic at times, but that's to be expected for a HUN journo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story got ice cold super quick. Where's all the articles?

The ones I've seen only alleged the use of one tube of aod cream used on one player (Trengove) Not nearly the shitstorm Essendon are in, but worrisome nonetheless.

If the story had been broken by one of the prize flogs we know and love (especially Caro) we would have had trashy speculative articles about it most days since. But because it was 7:30 who got the scoop, IMO they don't have a cart to push like the commercial flogs so are relatively happy to deal more in facts and solid evidence than innuendo, speculation and "it is believed" statements.

What, it took two years in the US to investigate Armstrong, and it's taken how many months at Essendon and still not finished.
Just because there aren't any news articles doesn't mean there isn't a very serious investigation going on.

If Melbourne were playing better football I imagine there would be a lot more articles. Essendon, being that Dank was a contractor for a year and potentially has more issues and is on top of the ladder, is a far juicier story.

Personally I think you guys will not have too much to worry about, aside from the spat over whether the MFC tried to hide things from the AFL. From my understanding that is a matter of conjecture atm?

If Melbourne were playing better football I imagine there would be a lot more articles. Essendon, being that Dank was a contractor for a year and potentially has more issues and is on top of the ladder, is a far juicier story.

Personally I think you guys will not have too much to worry about, aside from the spat over whether the MFC tried to hide things from the AFL. From my understanding that is a matter of conjecture atm?
Not really, Vlad came out all huffing and puffing but it seems like everything we knew about had already been told to the AFL, unless it turns out Neil Craig was more involved than he's told anyone.

What I want to know is who is our Club doctor now that Dr Bates is out of the picture?

Not really, AD said we hadn't disclosed - it's then shown we disclosed to GMc in Feb. and AD has said nothing since

Not conjecture, just no apology from AD (like that would ever happen)

Not really, Vlad came out all huffing and puffing but it seems like everything we knew about had already been told to the AFL, unless it turns out Neil Craig was more involved than he's told anyone.

What I want to know is who is our Club doctor now that Dr Bates is out of the picture?
Didn't Dr Bates stand down? Is that permanent? Often clubs will have more than one doctor.

Didn't Dr Bates stand down? Is that permanent? Often clubs will have more than one doctor.
We had Daff and Fried, who both resigned when our new fitness guy, Misson, came in with Neeld and started throwing his weight around. We went and got Bates to replace both of them, but he then secretly spent a couple of hundred bucks worth of mobile bills on Stephen Dank. He's stepped down ("until investigations are complete") a couple of days after that was revealed on 7:30, and I haven't heard any reports about who's replacing him. I assume someone has, but I dunno who.

We had Daff and Fried, who both resigned when our new fitness guy, Misson, came in with Neeld and started throwing his weight around. We went and got Bates to replace both of them, but he then secretly spent a couple of hundred bucks worth of mobile bills on Stephen Dank. He's stepped down ("until investigations are complete") a couple of days after that was revealed on 7:30, and I haven't heard any reports about who's replacing him. I assume someone has, but I dunno who.
What I don't understand is why did Dr Bates step down if MFC had already declared their interaction with Dank? Was it that Dr Bates did not fully disclose the extent of it to MFC?

Because of the huge focus on EFC, this is something I have not been across.

What I don't understand is why did Dr Bates step down if MFC had already declared their interaction with Dank? Was it that Dr Bates did not fully disclose the extent of it to MFC?

The MFC didn't know the extent of their interactions until the 7:30 report aired.

Essentially, it appears Bates continued a brief exchange with Dank after Melbourne had advised of their interactions with Dank to the AFL (and MFC officials were supposedly unaware of this continued exchange)

What irks me about this is on one hand, we have Gerard Healy approaching EFC and the AFL with concerns over the supplement program in Oct. '12, which was virtually ignored. Yet when the poo was about to hit the fan, EFC come out with their Feb presser. AD lauds EFC for their upfrontedness and their openness. Rings their sponsor and assures them all is ok etc. etc.

We declare our involvement to GMc in Feb, the 7.30 Report airs mentioned MFC and an involvement with Dank, AD smashes us, it's proven we were upfront....silence.

This is not a post about EFCs guilt or non guilt, simply on how ADs treated the differing parties. It just doesn't make sense to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back